Caanoo's Capabilities

MrMinimal

Still Fresh
Recently I have discovered this device and am looking to buy one but I don't understand what it can do exactly. Every review I read for it only says that the software is lacking and will come in future time. Well now it is the future and would like to know if it can run GBA SNES MAME SEGA and all the other popular systems at full speed. I watched a review from a while back and the snes emulator was horrible so if someone who owns one can please inform me it would be greatly appreciated.

MrMinimal

monstercameron said:
i can tell you gba emu is pretty near perfect, minor crash here/there!

Great! That's one system down what about the others?

Last edited by a moderator:
PSX runs very well for a lot of games and its only @ 2.2, also picodrive segs mega drive funs games fantastic aswell including mega cd games,
The thing is its only goner get better so much cool stuff on the caanoo not to metion it can play stuff from the gp2x and wiz archive using a
App called ginge.. you really will enjoy the caanoo ;)

Everything you have as about - runs well to be honest...

I wouldn't call GBA perfect (though it is very good). There's sound issues with quite a few games. (FFVI, Sword of Mana)

Just got my caanoo a week ago, love it.

The emulators have improved 10-fold since the reviews I read online... gba, mame, neogeo, sega, snes, nes all play great now in my opinion (some games here and there might be the exception).

I was in the same boat as you, I read reviews and was uncertain, but I took a chance, and it's great - highly recommended!

Its nice once you install skin maker and change the background and also use one of the icons and title bar packs,
Makes it look more snazzy :lol:

Just wait until school starts up again in the next month or two. Most people are on summer vacation, and development is always slow this time of year.

So happy i came across this or else i woulda got a dingoo... IDK why they used that ugly ole psp looking interface.. really makes me rageeee

Oh I almost forgot, can it overclock yet? I read that the firmware/emulators were not able to overclock. Can they do it now?

you will love the caanoo snes works great now has oc,fps show and much more also can save settings for just that rom or all, nes also works great has many of the same option as snes, by far my fav is mame have like 2000 roms on my card and have played them all even if just to test them and atlest 1700 work didn't count. for sure works: golden axe's, xman, simpsons, TMNT just to name afew can and will spent lots of time just in mame i'am sure, also almost forgot best part of mame get a buddy with a caanoo and get the wifi up and running and play some of your fav games togather. only 1 thing i hate about mame is no saving atlest that i know of. haven't tryed gba myself but gb and gbc work great. sega works great also the atari 2600,5200,7800 emu's is a nice flashback. also can't forget you can play warcraft 1, quake and wolfenstein too. has alot of nice apps already. can plug in usb keyboad. also tested out my 500gb external hd and was watching some movies off it the hd has it own power & format was fat32

thank you all that have brought us all these emu's/app's and have tweaked them to work thank you all for your time and hard work

Temper and Final Burn do not run on Caanoo, right? But from what I read they will run through GinGE? Is there much of an FPS hit while doing so?

darklight1138 said:
Temper and Final Burn do not run on Caanoo, right? But from what I read they will run through GinGE? Is there much of an FPS hit while doing so?
Final Burn is still not available for Caanoo (even through Ginge), but Temper runs really fine and fullspeed (through Ginge)

Ok, thanks for that info. Final Burn never ran on my Wiz so no huge loss. I just hope they eventually get around to implementing it. I'll be satisfied with CP2 emulation.

Can you run TG CD games through Temper with GinGE?

Ok I think that's all my questions...for now :D

Akabei said:
darklight1138 said:
Final Burn is still not available for Caanoo (even through Ginge), but Temper runs really fine and fullspeed (through Ginge)

So, anyone test if ginge can run FBA on caanoo??

Back