Can anyone test some software for me in WINE under Fedora?

^ The services of System76 are likely what you seek.

Oh, Hell yes! Definitely gonna hit these guys up this time next year! Thanks!

EDIT: I notice that the Starling (the cheapest laptop they have) is a bit more powerful than my current laptop (mainly the available RAM), and yet it's cheaper. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
and yet it's cheaper. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

if you produce video evidence that you never booted the windows installation on your new laptop, and just installed stright over it to a court, you can get the company that sold it to give you back the windows tax :p

if you fancy a 2 year court battle that is

^ The services of System76 are likely what you seek.

Oh, Hell yes! Definitely gonna hit these guys up this time next year! Thanks!

EDIT: I notice that the Starling (the cheapest laptop they have) is a bit more powerful than my current laptop (mainly the available RAM), and yet it's cheaper. I wonder why. :rolleyes:
No problem. :)

Incidentally, it appears that the Starling is a netbook - don't know if you're after that, but it's something to be aware of.

I only wish there was an equivalent to System76 over here, but as far as I know, there isn't. :(

Why, they don't ship to England? Maybe some of their stuff is on eBay or Amazon.

Also, my current laptop is actually a netbook.

Ahh, ok. :p

As for shipping to here, that's probably not the problem as much as our ridiculous taxation limit on imported items for personal use, which is about £18 (including shipping costs). I'm not sure if it applies to computers, that said, though.

Back