Can Gp2x Overclock?

CPS2 is the beat em up board of choice

not only have you got all the streetfighters up to Naomi and CPS3 powered ones but you've got such classics as Aliens vs predator and Captain commando

Actually the console games are the clones... The arcade games 99% of the time came first, then got ported to consoles because they were popular.

CPS2, as someone else said, is the hardware that many of Capcom's 2D fighting games (and some non fighters) were created on. Stuff like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter Alpha etc.

See here for more info: http://www.system16.com/capcom/hrdw_cps2.html

I just had a look at that link, I hadnt seen much of the CPS2 before to be honest and it looks very impressive! Is it likely that the GP2X will be able to handle this in terms of its hardware? Assuming someone is willing to code it of course.

Also something thats been bugging me, do game roms have to be ported over for use on the GP32/GP2X aswell as the emu, or does the emulator do all the conversions for controls etc? i.e. as long as someone makes an emulator for them will all the roms used for emulation on the PC work without modification?

Last edited by a moderator:
Roms dont have to be modified witht the exception of Mame/Arcade roms. This is because different versions get ported over and filenames change. Look at our GP Mame for a current example.

It be nice if something like Final Burn was ported though :)

Back