Can I Trick My Psp Into Thinkin 2.00

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
i think i remember hearing somewhere that you can trick your psp into thinkin that you've got the 2.00 installed but really you've got 1.50 so you can still use your homebrew but then use the trick so you can play GTA, SOCOM, CRASH UMD's etc.

is this right? if so where do i download the thing that helps me do it.

i think this is it
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthrea...34&page=1&pp=10

MPH loader that lets u run 1.50 but then when you run the mph thing it thinks its running 2.0 so you can play the 2.0 umd's instead of upgrading and downgrading all the time (which is a pain if u aint got a power supply close by)

is that really what the mph thing does? i can play gta on psp and keep my 1.5? looks like people are going to have to start buying umd's from now on, so i hear most the new iso's wont work through any of the existing loaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope

no way of running files that require files found in fw2 on fw1.5

think of it as trying to run an apple program on a windows machine but the only sort of hacking you were to do was to put one of those apple sticks you get with an ipod on the side of your pc.

i think this is it
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthrea...34&page=1&pp=10

looks like people are going to have to start buying umd's from now on, so i hear most the new iso's wont work through any of the existing loaders.

such a shame, people having to pay for their games now, its a travesty. :p

its a shame theres not much worth paying for to play on psp right now. has anyone managed to get the mph loader running on their psp? id love the official web browser but it seems quite a long process getting the loader running.

never mind its not that link that i posted. i read it on a psp news thing. someones making a multi boot so that if the wi-fi is on then it boots with 2.0 or whatever f/w and if its off then it just boots normally. its only so you can play real umd's with 2.0 tho, the browser doesnt work. to get the browser on 1.5 its a different hack. they had it on there last psphacking101 video

Apparently this will still not work with GTA and the more modern releases for some reason, these multi firmware hacks have been around for about a month now and no one has had any use out of them yet.

Back