Can someone post a review of Mill??

Yeah ill tell you if I ever manage to get it downloaded. Ive been trying for two hours plus now....bah.

*Urm...ok Bada has fixed the problem now and it works fine :)*

ok this is a very short impression, as Ive only just downloaded it.

Graphics are VERY sweet best yet on GP32 in my opinion, with great character designs. The main character you play seems to carry around with him a talking umbrella\bird thingy (urm....ok) which doubles up as a weapon in which you can kill enemies in the game with. This umbrella\bird thingy can perform a numbers of attacks depending on how you press the buttons etc.

Music seems nice up to now, although I have only heard a few samples. In game music seems to be a loop of a very short melody, but this may change later as you progress through the game. The game is in Korean, and there seems to be a lot of it. Basically you have to go around talking to people which allows you to progress further into the game. I have also come across a few in game characters that offer you an optional answer, but with most its just a case of keeep pressing the A button to progress.

Im not sure why its an 18, but I guess it may be something to do with what the characters are saying in Korean....but obviously I have no idea if this is true or not. I will give more impressions once I have played more.

Just worked out how to save progress. Simply go into one of the shops in the game and talk to the store keeper. He allows you to buy power-ups for your umbrella\bird thingy plus health etc and save your game from there. All of these options are done via easy to read icons. Once you restart the game you get the option of loading any of you save games.

Don't know if it's worth buying if it's in Kroean - especially if there's a lot of it...

I think I'll hold my horses for a bit and see what everyone thinks....

Cheers for the rundown anyway :D

everything is in Korean except for the menu options and some titling in the game. Thats the bad part....the good part is that the graphics are one of teh best seen on the GP32. I also spoke to TreeBuds soft....the creators of Mill, and they have told me there is no English Patch release yet, But they are talking very seriously now with Gamepark for a full conversion from Korean to English. It sounds promising.

I played the game....besides not understanding a work of Korean dialogue, the game has a lot of potential so far. The gameplay is descent with neat combos and tricks. I give my personal review later on. Its always better to have 2 reviews instead of one.

Lol, urm, I wish i could understand Korean, but this game seems pretty freaky to me. I think I kind of completed it, not sure..probably not fully completed as I think it has multiple endings. Lets just say there are some pretty strange images at the end, ie An american tank, a nuclear bomb,,,,urm anyway lol I guess I will keep playing it to uncover more.

minishino posted on Apr 28 2003 said:
Lets just say there are some pretty strange images at the end, ie An american tank, a nuclear bomb,,,,urm anyway lol I guess I will keep playing it to uncover more.
Riiiiiiiight???????????/

Last edited by a moderator:
Come across a few bugs as well. Screen shifting upwards so that what was once at the top of the screen has now moved to the bottom approx 1 cm. Also sometimes you cannot move the character off the screen in order to progress.

Back