Can the Pandora boot from an SD Card?

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
And by that I mean without having to hold down shoulder buttons etc - just pop the SD card in and boot from it, rather like a Live CD or floppy disk?

As the Pyra gets closer, I'm considering turning my Pandora into a Super ZXSpectrum, with an emulator built into PandaBAS, and would like to make a custom Linux OS on an SD card that starts straight into PandaBAS (preferably rebuilt for hardfp).

Obviously, if I have to hold down a button to get it to boot whenever I switch it on, it's a non-starter.

D.

Yes.
I can't tell you what to do exactly but it's possible.
All the Test SD-Cards do word like that.

u-boot looks for autoboot.txt on the left slot on the first fat or ext2 partition. That file is an u-boot script, you can find one in /boot/ of NAND too to use as an example.

Here's the Slackware autoboot, note that the "ro" is Slack-specific, most other distros use "rw" :

setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 ro rootwait vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K mmc_core.removable=0
ext2load mmc 0 0x80300000 /boot/uImage
bootm 0x80300000

Thanks guys, that's terrific. I'll get stuck into this when I get some free time :)

D.

yeah an hardfp version of SZ (or other OS) would be interesting to try on Pandora.

Back