Can We Have An Explation For This Op?

theyre pretty much all like that. i know everyone was led to expect ultra-high quality but really if you've ever been involved in anything like this before, you shouldn't have.

The adesive strip has come unstuck. I dare say it would push/glue back down.

OR one of the plastic tabs on the left or right of the screen isn't fully in, take a look and just push the case down where they are if they are not fully in.

Reciever said:
theyre pretty much all like that. i know everyone was led to expect ultra-high quality but really if you've ever been involved in anything like this before, you shouldn't have.

Im not expecting it being perfect, but this is looks like cheap chinese stuff and that even looks better most times. This isnt needed by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

OR one of the plastic tabs on the left or right of the screen isn't fully in, take a look and just push the case down where they are if they are not fully in.

<aTc> to be fair, pressing it against the lcd made it go flat again, but im not sure how long it'll stay that way
<aTc> hm.. just checked, it came off again

There is a real easy way to dont let this happen: Hold the 2 parts together until the glue is dry

Mithrildor said:
craigix said:

<aTc> to be fair, pressing it against the lcd made it go flat again, but im not sure how long it'll stay that way
<aTc> hm.. just checked, it came off again

There is a real easy way to dont let this happen: Hold the 2 parts together until the glue is dry

Craig, I must admit, all the videos/photos I've seen seem to have this to some degree. Could there perhaps be a thicker/stronger/wider adhesive strip you could start using? Perhaps start doubling up down there?

This is one of those things that would've been addressed with .. wait for it .. another case revision ..

I think the case is bowing because its simply too big by a few microns. Definitely should not be happening .. expansion factor not accounted for in design?

Might be an idea to remove the lower two screws to relieve any inward force causing it to bow out then seeing if you can get it to stay stuck before replacing them?

Id quite happily live with it, so long as it doesnt cause possible water damage (then again you shouldnt be playing with it in the rain)

and im someone whos been criticising the case quality all along (so far this is the only thing id be worried about, quality seems great in that HD vid that was posted)
could we have a more playable view of it

Mithrildor said:
Reciever said:

Im not expecting it being perfect, but this is looks like cheap chinese stuff and that even looks better most times. This isnt needed by the way

Well, technically the cases were made in China. Cheaply.

Took me a while to figure out what you were referring to. Doesn't look that bad, a fuss over nothing if you ask me. It's not as if you look at it from that angle. Surely a bit of superglue would suffice if it bothers you that much.

And could you not have used a more descriptive topic title? What you've put gives you no clue what you're talking about until you open the thread, bad board etiquette.

That's a rather unflattering photo. From any other angle, it's a lot less noticeable. A tip for sticking it back in place: don't just push right in the middle, but gradually press outwards to the sides. This redistributes the bezel over the adhesive making it less likely to pop up again.

torpor said:
I think the case is bowing because its simply too big by a few microns.
Looking at it, that would be my guess, too. Even the coat of paint would probably be enough to cause this. A fix could be as easy as sanding/scraping the paint off the edges of the bezel part, possibly a few thou' of plastic too.

kaprikawn said:
Took me a while to figure out what you were referring to. Doesn't look that bad, a fuss over nothing if you ask me. It's not as if you look at it from that angle. Surely a bit of superglue would suffice if it bothers you that much.

And could you not have used a more descriptive topic title? What you've put gives you no clue what you're talking about until you open the thread, bad board etiquette.

Sure you wont see it, but after a while It will get full with dirt

You know, perhaps a stiff piece of foam can be put over the top keyboard buttons while the unit is folded that would apply a bit of pressure and help the adhesive strip bond better

torpor said:
This is one of those things that would've been addressed with .. wait for it .. another case revision ..
Oh my...

Mithrildor said:
Sure you wont see it, but after a while It will get full with dirt
Well dont play with the pandora in dirt

Whatever you do to adress this, please don't use stronger adhesives of any kind. It's just a cosmetic annoyance. I'd rather take the lid apart myself and grind down the plastics as necessary when I get my 2nd batch Pandora. A less servicable or even unservicable lid would be much worse, at least for me.

mali said:
Whatever you do to adress this, please don't use stronger adhesives of any kind. It's just a cosmetic annoyance. I'd rather take the lid apart myself and grind down the plastics as necessary when I get my 2nd batch Pandora. A less servicable or even unservicable lid would be much worse, at least for me.

You see i dont get this (i have zero knowledge about plastics)

the bridge (lets call it) which runs in front of the screen the bit which is bowing
would it not need to be sanded at its sides
It has no sides because its connected to the rest of the cover

Back