Can we keep this forum permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that My and Eds servers had Ddos protection and GP32X didn't?

They may well have tried to attack all of the servers.

It does seem like a weird move though... like they missed the main target... unless (and this would be an amazing coincidence) it was not related to the Pandora launch at all.

Yeah... it's really weird, 'cause if you hate the pandora, there is no obvious reason to attack gp32x...

PoisonedV said:
Kyosys said:
quasist doesn't hate gp32x, just the pandora
so he should be happy that gp32x is now starting to become seperate with the pandora
Are they?
11 pages and we still haven't gotten anywhere with the question of whether we should keep this forum or not. But if gp32x stays down for longer, there will be plenty of posts here we don't want to lose.

What do you mean? Make a link at gp32x leading to this forum?

That would make sense, and I think it's a good idea, but many argue that two seperate forums would split the community

then how about once gp32x is running and stable, close these forums, keep them and link to them from gp32x

Kyosys said:
Yeah... it's really weird, 'cause if you hate the pandora, there is no obvious reason to attack gp32x...

PoisonedV said:
Kyosys said:
quasist doesn't hate gp32x, just the pandora
so he should be happy that gp32x is now starting to become seperate with the pandora
Are they?
11 pages and we still haven't gotten anywhere with the question of whether we should keep this forum or not. But if gp32x stays down for longer, there will be plenty of posts here we don't want to lose.
look at it. a seperate skin (well, its used on gp2x.de too, so...) a full moderating team, dozens of sub forums. its pretty obvious that this wont be temporary, in the end, if not by admin decision but by user consensus.

also, for the DDoS: i blame gp2xspain >:{

PoisonedV said:
look at it. a seperate skin (well, its used on gp2x.de too, so...) a full moderating team, dozens of sub forums. its pretty obvious that this wont be temporary, in the end, if not by admin decision but by user consensus.

also, for the DDoS: i blame gp2xspain >:{
I don't know about that. Moderators are needed, even on a temporary forum. And since it's not a "half a day" forum, having a few more categories makes sense as well.

But ultimately, I agree. This forum has more categories than gp32x itself, and it has over 2000 posts now, i doubt it will go. It'd seem kind of weird to have gp2x and wiz categories on the official pandora board, though...

I don't believe in splitting the community and I have too many forums to visit already. I've been a member of gp32x for over 3 years so once it's back up I'll be going straight back there :oops:

craigix said:
Could it be that My and Eds servers had Ddos protection and GP32X didn't?

They may well have tried to attack all of the servers.

It does seem like a weird move though... like they missed the main target... unless (and this would be an amazing coincidence) it was not related to the Pandora launch at all.
More likely just that GP32x's server is less reliable and they are blocking all traffic to it as they think the massive influx of traffic was some sort of attack?

craigix said:
Maybe we could just link this forum in to gp32x?
I think you should keep this forum here as your official forum, as GPH do with theirs', but that GP32x should remain as a third part forum. There is no possibility for censorship by the manufacturers there.

Peter R said:
craigix said:
Maybe we could just link this forum in to gp32x?
I think you should keep this forum here as your official forum, as GPH do with theirs', but that GP32x should remain as a third part forum. There is no possibility for censorship by the manufacturers there.
The GP32X had taken on a sort of "official" feel even though it wasn't officially official. That's why they could set up a "we've moved" notice on GP32X, and maybe make it even more convenient by having it redirect here, as craigix was suggesting.

I dont care about it being official. Suppose there is some big pandora flaw (this is purely theoretical) if I post about it here then Craig or some other Pandora team member can censor it. On a third party site, GP32x, this is not possible.

Furthermore, GP32x has a mature and strong community and there is no need to force a split. Let both this forum and the GP32x ones exist. Just because this one exists it does not mean that the GP32x ones have to stop existing.

you mean to tell me they've been running a constant DDoS for 3 days, long after the site was unavailable.

I wonder if craig would deny chad a pandora if he could.
Im going to blame a random psp fanboy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back