Can You Change The Speakers???

Dennisisthlm

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello

is there someone who had done a speaker modification??

The speakers in GP32 is not the best i heard...
So could it be done or is it impossible??

If you have other mini speakers who is better can it be done??

Thanx in advance

I'd guess its possible - I mean each speaker is only 2 wires - if you can find speaker "cones" small enough...

Dennisisthlm posted on Aug 11 2004 at 03:01 PM said:
Hello

is there someone who had done a speaker modification??

The speakers in GP32 is not the best i heard...
So could it be done or is it impossible??

If you have other mini speakers who is better can it be done??

Thanx in advance
Yes there are two leads per speaker. Just un solder the wires and re-solder to the opposite pads on the mother board. You may need to splice some longer wires if they don't reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:35 PM said:
where have you heard that? i think the speekers are VERY nice
I don´t think there is not much bass in the speakers...
i know ´those speakers in gp32 are really small...
but i need higher volyme but no hiss sound in the speakers at the highest volyme...

i speak of example mad mp3 player who can turn up the decibel in the speakers..
The it would be nice that the speakers don´t scratch in high volyme..

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd post in this, instead of creating a new one on the subject...

Since the speakers propably need to be re-wired (the R-L switch), I thought I might put in a pair of better speakers. Now, the installation seems straightforward enough for someone with very little soldering experience (me), but I'd appreciate any information regarding the actual size/performance of the GP internal speakers. Millimeters, ohms, watts?

Do any of these look like they might be small/big enough, or pack a little more punch?
Or is there any room for bigger ones than the originals?

http://www.bebek.fi/kauppa/tuotteet.php?tuoteryhma_id=45

(Yes, it's in finnish, but the measurements and such should be clear... I'm betting your basic Radioshack has similar products/markings...)

(I'm planning on adding a subwoofer with casing to the back, too, connected/glued to the battery lid... Just kidding... I would be grand, though. :p )

I intend to install The glass screen mod at the same time, to minimize... exposure.

(I still don't yet actually have a GP32... So if anyone knows any good reference for replacing the crappy speaker on my GBA non-SP, please do enlighten me... :rolleyes: )

Its unlikely you'll find anything much better at that size. Also, the gp32 may not have the power on the internal speaker contacts to power anything any better, so ther'll be no real change. The main problem physically is with the depth of them. The GP32s speakers are quite thin if I remember, and there's not much rtoom behind them, making putting anything thicker in very difficult...

Let's face it they're never gonna sound much good so why bother. Just get some small plug ins. I got mine from argos for 6.99 and 9.99 Unpowered and Powered respectively.

Back