Can You Help Me Choose?

Yeah I was going to say I'd be surpised if anything more advance than a NES emulator worked at full speed on either of them. Now a-days I personally dont get excited over any windows platform that dosent clock above 2.5ghz just because i know very few new games will run well below 2.

raven posted on Oct 17 2005 at 11:01 PM said:
Remember that 1Ghz CPU does not mean 1Ghz Pentium performance. The CPU's used in both computers are equally slow - slower than the VIA C3 at the same clockspeed. I have a mini-itx with a 1Ghz VIA CPU and it's not exactly a gaming machine. It's fine for office tasks and surfing the net but it can't even run Snes9x fullspeed.

Is that Putty on you avatar/signature? Old Amiga game-hero?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:07 AM said:
Is that Putty on you avatar/signature? Old Amiga game-hero?
It is but to be honest I know him from Putty Squad on the Snes, a very nice platform game. I believe the original game is available on the Snes too. No computers for me when I was young, am still suffering :( ;)

Gamer4life posted on Oct 16 2005 at 04:58 PM said:
Can you help me choose which handheld i must buy.
The properties it must have if could:
1.Play dos games such as duke nukem,doom,commander keen,rise of the traid etc.
2.You can watch tv on it or you can internet on it and more of that funny gadgets.(it can with wifi adapters but which hanhelds could do it)
3.Very good graphics(i have heard that you can play quake 3 on the xgp i dont
now if this is treu)
4.You can emulate gba,atari,snes,nes etc.

can you please say which handhelds could do that.
psp,gp32,gp2x,xgp you can choose out.

Greetz,
Gamer4life :D

Word, You'z gangsta. 4life yo. :unsure:

I try to be friendly, seriously.... but people like this deserve to be shot.

You know though, this does deserve a mention. If the PSP weren't so gung ho about the DRM, we could probably see an easy Quake 3 port to it, such a shame really, I'd love to play quake 3 on that. Sadly, the GP2X doesn't have the 3D hardware to handle it.

..fucking posers :mumbles: <_<

Alpha2 posted on Oct 18 2005 at 04:52 AM said:
Yeah I was going to say I'd be surpised if anything more advance than a NES emulator worked at full speed on either of them. Now a-days I personally dont get excited over any windows platform that dosent clock above 2.5ghz just because i know very few new games will run well below 2.

i hope you are talking about pentium4 Speed, cause Athlon 64s, Pentium Ms, and Sempron 64s all at 2ghz beat a 2.5ghz p4,

Clock speed now a days is worth jack when comparing platforms...

GiG posted on Oct 16 2005 at 08:47 PM said:
Hooka posted on Oct 16 2005 at 09:01 PM said:
OQO about the only handheld that could do everything almost flawlessly...

:blink:

Is it real or a mini-dream?!

should be real , there were already such things in Japan when I lived there like more than 2 years ago

Lets make a reinactment using a different situation on how this thread started:
*Walks to Miyamoto (Creator of Mario), asks which next gen system to get...

Lets do another...

*Asks Bill Gates what operating system to use...

And another

*Asks 50 cent if rock or rap is better...

Back