Can you increase the virtual resolution of the screen?

Holy crap it is finally working! Here's the driver+xorg.conf if someone wants to test.

I will release something more proper soon. Right now:

- the XV is having a hard time when panning, or in fullscreen mode

- any virtual resolution wider than 800 pixels is broken (fixed)

- screen is corrupted on wakeup at resolutions wider than 800 pixels

- the touchscreen coordinates are not translated when panning

- only one virtual resolution at a time can be configured via xorg.conf

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Heroes3 with Exagear and scaled screen on the Pandora :) .

Not yet, I used the wrong form to contact them so my request was forwarded to support yesterday. Did you try Heroes 3 with my driver?

Not yet, I am writing currently my master thesis, but I will do it if have some spare time :) .

Holy crap it is finally working! Here's the driver+xorg.conf if someone wants to test.
Heh, just wanted to point out that Xorg used to have a Virtual statement in the Screen section... But that's what you are doing already... As you say, horizontal panning totally doesn't work on the Pandora - screen is wrapped on the border instead (might be XFCEs fault). While Ctrl+Alt+(Num+) doesn't exist on the Pandora, it's actually possible to switch to virtual resolutions defined in xorg.conf through the XFCE display control.

Heh, just wanted to point out that Xorg used to have a Virtual statement in the Screen section... But that's what you are doing already... As you say, horizontal panning totally doesn't work on the Pandora - screen is wrapped on the border instead (might be XFCEs fault). While Ctrl+Alt+(Num+) doesn't exist on the Pandora, it's actually possible to switch to virtual resolutions defined in xorg.conf through the XFCE display control.
I'm working on horizontal panning right now - it kind of works, but changing the screen pitch brings more troube (like broken configuration after sleep mode).

And there are still many things broken with any panning - like video and touchscreen.

Ok, here's the PND for the brave. Be sure you know how to recover in case the installer breaks your system (basically, back up /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /usr/lib/xorg/modules/omapfb_drv.so)

Source code is inside.

Just tested on my CC Pandora with firmware 1.62 and seems to work good.

I installed, tested some programs mostly app that benefits from big resolution and is very nice to scroll the screen and view a gui of a program expanded on a bigger space...the only drawback it's the touchscreen that is not working like it should (but you already know about it).

And last i disinstalled and after rebbot all is back to normal.....very nice work. :)

Just tested on my CC Pandora with firmware 1.62 and seems to work good.

I installed, tested some programs mostly app that benefits from big resolution and is very nice to scroll the screen and view a gui of a program expanded on a bigger space...the only drawback it's the touchscreen that is not working like it should (but you already know about it).

And last i disinstalled and after rebbot all is back to normal.....very nice work. :)
Thanks for testing! Pushing it to the repo.

I am having trouble getting anything other than 800x600.  I tried several times to change it through various means, including uninstalling and reinstalling the update.  The resolution I want has been in the appdata every time I check.  I am guessing I got 800x600 because I used it while initially testing, but even after reinstalling I only get 800x480 or 800x600.  I am trying to change to 1280x720, however 1024x768 is fine also.

I am having trouble getting anything other than 800x600.  I tried several times to change it through various means, including uninstalling and reinstalling the update.  The resolution I want has been in the appdata every time I check.  I am guessing I got 800x600 because I used it while initially testing, but even after reinstalling I only get 800x480 or 800x600.  I am trying to change to 1280x720, however 1024x768 is fine also.
Sorry, my mistake - the resolution setting from appdata wasn't propagated to xorg.conf. I've pushed a fixed PND in the repo. 1280x720 should work fine now.

dimag0g, thanks a ton.  I will try out the fixed version in a few.

Edit:  It is working now, and everything looks pretty good.  Of course it makes touchscreen stuff a bit odd (I messed around with recalibrating to see if I could minimize that, and found that it is better for me to adapt than to use the touchscreen calibrator that is intended for the physical touchscreen size).  One interesting thing is that I can use the touchscreen to pan around since the cursor goes to the edges before the stylus.  It might be useful to have something to toggle the virtual resolution docked in the panel, however I don't know if that would make the touchscreen more usable when needed.

I won't know what to do with all the extra real estate on the Pyra display.  I may need to drop my virtual resolution down to something more sensible, as I am finding that I am using the mouse a bit too much to see full sized windows.  Thanks for making this happen.  I like having additonal options.

Back