Cancelled

Cyberbug

Still Fresh
Just sent an email to cancel the order which was placed in April 2009.

After investing $450 for two years, and supporting the project unfortunately I can't wait any longer and need the funds for other purposes.

I wish OPT all the best and I may still get one soon but it will be premium, OPT wanted another $170 which unfortunately I cannot do at this time

Someone will move up and I wish OPT the best and hope Batch 1 gets completed soon, and new improved versions of Pandora appear in future.

Hope the cancellation process is smooth as the ordering was.

Same here, sorry to hear that. But your graciousness is very much appreciated.

It's always a shame to see someone go, but nobody can argue with your reasons for cancelling. I hope that we see you return one day. :)

Huh? why did the OPT "wanted another $170"?

I am batch one, order/money transfer March 2009. (correction)

I was offered a premium upgrade for another $170 and I would have it in a week. Unfortunately I could not swing that.

Other option is to continue waiting and have the money tied up.

Appreciate everyone's understanding, I will not be too far and continue to keep an eye on the project.

In case any one is wondering this was my order

Pandora $330

TV OUT $19.99

CASE $19.99

BATTERY $28.99

Adaptor $7.99

UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

for total of 451.96.

as you can see its a big investment for such a long time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is alot of money for nothing.

It's no ones fault as such just a very bad situation that just seems to be getting worse.

It may not be that bad but no one knows what queue number is being served next - it seems to have been months at 1200-1300.

The wait and saga continues

Huh? why did the OPT "wanted another $170"?

I am batch one, order/money transfer March 2009. (correction)

I was offered a premium upgrade for another $170 and I would have it in a week. Unfortunately I could not swing that.

Other option is to continue waiting and have the money tied up.

Appreciate everyone's understanding, I will not be too far and continue to keep an eye on the project.

In case any one is wondering this was my order

Pandora $330

TV OUT $19.99

CASE $19.99

BATTERY $28.99

Adaptor $7.99

UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

for total of 451.96.

as you can see its a big investment for such a long time :)

And when you get your money back, keep in touch. There seems to always be one or two devices up on Ebay; those are usually discounted a bit, yes?

Yeah, they made me the same offer. I am going to wait though. I bought another Pandora on Ebay and do not feel investing another $170 just to get the Pandora from here a little earlier. I would send in another $170 if that was the only way, but if given the choice, I can wait....

This is another example that Craig has made the right business decision here.

He has pissed just enough people off to cancel and replace with premiums to keep the project slowly ticking along.

Maybe if he gave true queue progress then too many would cancel and kill the project.

Despite bring totally pissed off myself it's definately a master stroke from Craig.

My problem with premiums is that EVERYONE should pay the same price - certainly the preorders who all ordered at roughly the same time-back in May 2010 Craig should have asked for more money from everyone!

^ they should've made the original price higher.

With all the troubles the team has had, the project could not continue without these premium orders.

@ Cyberbug: they gave you the CHOICE to upgrade to the premium Pandora, they didn't force you to do this.

I ordered March 2009 and am still "patiently" waiting ... any day now ... <refreshes inbox>

No one forced me, but I can't wait and need the funds.

No reply yet to my cancellation. Funny thing is that When I ordered in March 2009 I was told delivery would be April 2009 how funny is that. At that time I did not know a lot of details about the project. I felt lucky at that time that I got to order and actually it cost me ~$35 to wire transfer the money on top of the 452. Any way lets see when and how I get the money back. Hoping for a full refund.

My problem with premiums is that EVERYONE should pay the same price - certainly the preorders who all ordered at roughly the same time-back in May 2010 Craig should have asked for more money from everyone!
He is not allowed to do so. You cannot increase the price of an accepted sales contract.

Don't worry Cyberbug, someone will contact you soon. If you don't hear from anyone within 3 days, send another request. They are always super busy on the email front, and some fall thru the cracks.

Sorry to see you go, but I completly understand, as I personally have have a few open orders, and I think about cancelling weekly. Luckily I have not had to do so yet, but the day may come. Hopefully we'll see you again later in the Pandora life cycle, or maybe for "P2", if and when we ever get one. Take Care!

Chris

He is not allowed to do so. You cannot increase the price of an accepted sales contract.

Also, even if it were possible to raise prices we already accepted, that would have led to riots and mass cancellation (and the destruction of the whole project). Did andmaz mean "Should have charged more to begin with"?

Sorry to see you go but I can't really blame you. 2 Years is a hell of a lot of time for someone to have your money without you getting anything back.

I've had to get the money back for all the extras that I paid out for originally so I would have enough money to go on holiday this year. I've managed to keep the Pandora order because there isn't anything that I'd rather spend the £200 on at the moment anyway.

With all the troubles the team has had, the project could not continue without these premium orders.
Can you please provide proof of this.

I'm not being funny but when the premiums were started it was to help speed up the building of units. Now people seem to be saying that the project would be dead without them. It seems pretty obvious to me that people are twisting the facts to try and paint the whole premium Pandora thing in a much better light. The worst thing is that they have completely failed in what it was that they were originally supposed to do in the first place.

I'm not being funny but when the premiums were started it was to help speed up the building of units. Now people seem to be saying that the project would be dead without them. It seems pretty obvious to me that people are twisting the facts to try and paint the whole premium Pandora thing in a much better light. The worst thing is that they have completely failed in what it was that they were originally supposed to do in the first place.

Not only have they failed to do what they were supposed to do... they've actually made the situation worse! With bottlenecks in the supply chain every premium customer is another delay.

But lets all give each other a pat on the back. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

I usually got a response in a day, but still waiting for direction on how I am going to get the funds back quickly.

we'll see how long this process takes.

BTW i agree that the premium pandora was suppose to quickly finish batch 1 since more resources were needed and the funds would go towards that.

But I think premium pandora is funding batch 2 build. apparently there is money to buy parts for batch 2.

We don't get any more updates on the circuit boards which were suppose to be built at 500 a week, I don't even think 500 a month are being built otherwise we would be done. I do think a lot of pandora's are going premium and we are still waiting.

Back