Can't see my MAME app

usurp

Still Fresh
Something is weird. I can't see my mame apps in both GUI's and when i try to manually execute it nothing happens. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Well, one thing is that this needs to be in the Support section, not Software News... ;)

But seriously... Need more input. :p Has it been working previously, or did you just download them to find them not working, for example? How are you trying to manually execute them? And, just to cover all bases, though I'm sure you've already done this, are they located in the correct place on the SD Card?

ooops i had a bunch of tabs open and must have posted in the wrong place.

one of them was working before but now both don't show up. i have them in the correct apps folder. i deleted both of them (mame4all and 1.0.6) and downloaded them again but they still don't show up. so i went to xfce and found the apps in the app folder and did file in the menu and then execute but nothing happens. actually i can't execute any app like that for some reason...

At this time, you can't execute something from the file manager, as far as I know - that's perfectly normal.

Assuming you haven't tweaked many settings with them, could you tell me what happens if you remove the appdata directories for them? Do they show up then?

Just deleted their appdata folders and they still don't show up. going to delete the apps once more and this time download them from the web and copy them onto my card instead of using pndstore. where would be the best place to get them from?

AH! That's possibly the problem.

Let me guess... You had them on your card previously, and then updated them using PNDStore, perhaps? PNDStore pulls from the repo, and the MAME versions uploaded there (and, for some reason, Dega, as well) do not show up properly.

I would suggest grabbing them from the app-store, but that seems to be gone at present. I don't have my Pandora to hand right now, but if you would like me to upload the copies from my own card, which I know to be fully working, I'm happy to do so later.

if you remember if this is one of the apps by SteveM (guy who also did a few others) the PXML's need updateing as they are hf6+ compatible but not anything before that as he missed a couple of lines from the PXML for backwards compatibility.

Yeah Dega also! Except Dega for me for example shows up under the "All Tab" in minimenu but won't show up under games. Let me google and see if i can find the files if not will let u know.

ok i downloaded them both again from the repo but they still dont show up. is there a file or something i need to delete?

No, it's as milkshake notes, above.

I have my Pandora with me now - give me a few minutes and I'll get both versions uploaded.

yeah basically the ones on the repo need their PXML data updating to include pre hot fix 6 compatibility, we have tried to contact the author steveM but he hasnt done anything to fix this.

Once hotfix 6 it out it will work anyway as the backward compatibility isnt needed.

Files uploaded - hopefully SteveM doesn't mind the necessary re-uploading of these for this purpose. :mellow:

MAME 0.106

MAME4All Beta 7 (The MAME4All beta versions may have gone higher in number than this, but this is the most recent one I have - sorry if it's not the most recent!)

Glad to be of assistance.
grin.gif

Thanks usurp for bringing this up, and Prometheus for providing download links. I was experiencing the same problems last night and was wondering the same thing. I was finally able to find and run SDLMAME, but a lot of games don't seem to work in it.

Well now that I got MAME working, in the future if i want to update it I am guessing I shouldn't use PNDstore. What do I use?

Back