Captive

Avigrace

GP32 NumbNuts
I have tried the Medway boys version and a version from Pirate Gold collection, on both I choose a planet to orbit and when I goto land it says loading. At this point nothing happens it just sits saying loading for ever, I even left it on for 20 minutes thinking it may be like DM and decompressing/disk accessing but nothing.

I have heard people saying it works so what version are you all using??

I've had it work... I think it was an original one though...

Then again, I can't remember if I actually landed or not...

I couldn't remember how to play it :)

You kick it up and you eventually get to the screen where you see the planet map on the left and movement buttons on the right; if you zoom in and pick a planet, and then wait, eventually the lander gets to it. I think I even landed, but coudlnt' figure out how to get it to open the door?

I'll have to try another emu and see what its supposed to do.. I've long since forgotten :)

I'd like ot see Captive going again :)

jeff

Same thing here, I tried 3 differents roms & they all freeze after landing.
It would be great to be able to play this awesome game...

Shame that - this was an awesome game, was really looking forward to playing it, mine froze also (atari st pirate gold).

Anyone got an further with this one.

DC

Mines worked, ill find out which rom i used and post it at lunchtime

one thing tho, i only ever played Liberation (Captive 2) and this is totally different.... at the map screen like Skeezix but i aint got a clue what to do... anyone throw in a brief "this is what you do in the game" type thing :unsure:

you can visit any planet you want but most are empty with nothing to do, look carefully for the planet with the flashing dot, fly the ship there, zoom in and you should see the flashing dot more clearly, land exactly on the dot. you will then exit the ship and the door to the first level won't be far away, it's locked but there is a clipboard near the door, read it (i can't remember how this bit is done but it's not hard) and it will tell you the combination to the door, push the buttons in the right order and away you go :)

Bonks posted on May 28 2003 said:
Mines worked, ill find out which rom i used and post it at lunchtime

one thing tho, i only ever played Liberation (Captive 2) and this is totally different.... at the map screen like Skeezix but i aint got a clue what to do... anyone throw in a brief "this is what you do in the game" type thing :unsure:
Where'd you find Liberation? "Liberator"? Never heard of it...

Is it for ST?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Liberation was only released for the Amiga. Great sequel in my opinion.

Loic

Back