Car Fires?

I'm glad no one was hurt. You guys are seriously some of the unluckiest folks I've ever seen when it comes to things like this.

Now that you are out another car, it seems like a good time to send me my Google invoice so I can give you more money ;)

Didn't you want to replace it anyway?

Hope you got an insurance before you burnt it - clever plan ;)

Thanks everyone for the car fire update. So at least now I know if my coolant ever goes again, the burning smell won't lead to a fire.
Well, I suppose it could, but long before that happens you'll notice that the engine isn't running right.

Also, if the car is moving, the airflow may keep the engine cool enough that it won't overheat, even if the coolant has completely leaked out. Idling the engine at the drive-thru would cause it to overheat though.

My dad was inside a car when it caught fire. He got out fine, glad you're doing ok :)

What is it with car fires? A truck burst into flames infront of my work a few weeks ago!!!!

http://youtu.be/hEMxJrPVKz0

No Pandora in there I hope!

Holy Hell! What an inferno!

Slightly related-- there was a big spectacle in my apartment complex at the Institute during finals week when someone lit a dumpster on fire. I didn't manage to get a video; some moronic twats outside were raising Hell (probably the same ones that lit the dumpster) and the general consensus in my apartment was that we didn't want to unlock our doors until they'd gone. >.>

Back