Cased Breakout Box?

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
Expected to come back here after months and find breakout box with plastic dock case released... has any more news been released since that render image? has it been cancelled? looks like it.

Who knows... I have one of the non-cased ones, I quickly built a styrafoam case for it using styrafoam, a kinfie, some scissors and quite a lot of glue. It does a decent job of protecting it whilst in transit in my bag, so it's good enough for me... I suppose it'd be nice if they did release a BB with a case though, as I'm sure people would buy them who otherwise not consider it... And I believe it had previsions for mounting the GP2X on it, which looked pretty cool.... I should upgrade my styrafoam one with similar mounting features....

It would be a bit daft for them to cancel it, since there seems to be a lot of demand.

Play-Asia still reckon February.

Surely it can't be too much hassle for them to put a bit of plastic round the existing board??

Expected to come back here after months and find breakout box with plastic dock case released...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... :(

I was expecting a TV-out cable with a USB jack dongle on it. Artaylor is doing it, but the distributors need to get on the bandwagon and release/support one for cheaper. Unless of course they are signed to GPH for that BoB crap.

To sum up, Breakout box=USB (serial isn't needed by 95% plus of users, Jtag by 98%+ of users).

USB terminating chip= 60 cents (not a bulk price, just a single order by a consumer)

USB jack = ?? The Dollar tree is selling USB extension cables!!

USB 1.1 powered hub WITH power supply = $10 anywhere.

Add that to the TV-Out cable at $15 and the whole shebang should cost a grand total of $26.60 WITH the power supply for the USB.

Obviously supplying your own USB hub is a given, so a TV-out USB cord should be $20 easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, I think a cased BoB would be good, but at the same time, making a box would be more fun :)

oh, Paradox- I assume you mean Duke Nukem Forever? Its quite funny that its acronym is also Did Not Finish in racing :)

^^ Don't worry, that joke has already been done to death, as well as "it's taking FOREVER!!!"

oops, sorry :)
its a shame the BoB is not available on the website (I am hoping to order a GP2X this saturday). would it be possible to get a normal PC USB controller, and somehow hack it around to connect batteries to the USB power supply contact?

point me to any tutorials, I dont want to hi-jack this thread too much :)

Back