Castaway Games List

has anyone got Civ to work? and Dungeon Master?

I can't get Civ to work, all I can get working is a setup-program that wants to install it onto a harddisk. I don't think there is a harddisk option in there, but I could be (and hope I am) mistaken.

Yeah, ive had civ working.. from memory, there are 2 .prg files, one is an installer, the other (ICS.PRG?) runs the game from floppy. Again, I've been using the atari pirate gold disks :) DM works aswell, just a case of finding a good disk image. Of the 4 I tried, only one works. Good luck :)

Betty 2001 posted on May 6 2003 said:
Has anyone tried the following :-
Carrier Command ?
CC appears to work fine (although the speed of the music slows down a lot when frameskip is set to 0).

I took a Manta out for a spin, but I couldn't find anyway to take direct control and had to use the autopilot. This could be the problem with the emulator or I could have forgotten how to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not fully tested any of these games from start to finish (I am no Sickboy! ;)). A working title is designated as working due to the fact that it boots without any issues and appears to accept the required input to allow interaction. Obviously where a game needs the use of more than one input device this can sometimes cause an issue with regards playability, however this can often be worked around.

Arkanoid - boots to title screen, cannot progress any further :(
Captain Blood - working
Carrier Command - working
Dungeon Master - working
Goldrunner - working
Hacker - working
Into The Eagles Nest - working
Joust - working
Llamatron - working :D
Macadem Bumper - displays loading screen then resets GP32 :(
Marble Madness - working :D
Missile Command - working
Powerdrome - working
Starglider - mouse issue :(
Starglider 2 - mouse issue
Star Raiders - working
Sun Dog - working
Time Bandit - working
Virus - working
Winter Games - working

sloth posted on May 7 2003 said:
gain, I've been using the atari pirate gold disks :) DM works aswell, just a case of finding a good disk image. Of the 4 I tried, only one works. Good luck :)
Some of games are the actual program and data rather than disk images. How can you run these under Castaway?

Vanamonde posted on May 7 2003 said:
Some of games are the actual program and data rather than disk images. How can you run these under Castaway?
I use an ST emu called 'STeeM Engine' on my PC.. it has an option to map a directory to a HDD on the emulated ST. So copy the files into that dir, boot up the ST emu, and copy the files from the HDD onto a floppy. :)

I found a little program called MSA Converter 1.8
It does not only convert MSA files to ST, you can also create new .st-disk images and copy all the files you want via explorer :)
That's how I created a cubase disk :)

EvilDragon posted on May 8 2003 said:
It does not only convert MSA files to ST, you can also create new .st-disk images and copy all the files you want via explorer :)
Sweet! That sounds really handy. I'll have to check that out for sure :)

jeff

EvilDragon posted on May 8 2003 said:
Whered you get this EvilDragon, did a search for it but couldnt find it, got a lotta games i could really use this for :)

ldaneels posted on May 7 2003 said:
Yes, to play in Elvira 2, you need to pull the keyboard & press Space (or just any other key, I am not sure). Then you can play normally with the mouse.
I just love that game !
Yes, to play in Elvira 2, you need to pull the keyboard & press Space (or just any other key, I am not sure). Then you can play normally with the mouse.
I just love that game !

Which crack of Elvira are you using? I'm using the Ice crack which are .msa files... disk one is 714kb

I press space which brings up the do you want to load a saved game prompt however the mouse does not move :(

Has anyone got Microprose GP to work? If you choose quickrace you put in the disks it asks for and plays ok. However when you try a nonchampionship race and put in disk 4 castaway crashes and resets GP32.....

Adios,
Matt

Yes, I have had the problem occasionally. You need to turn off your GP32 & then reboot everything.
I have uploaded more games to my SMC, so I don't have Elvira 2 anymore, but the first disk is 840K.
I know I have tried 2 versions of the game & I never had a problem with any...

Time to update my working games list:
- addams family
- another world
- arkanoid 2
- barbarian (palace) - cannot figure out how to start the fight, though
- bard's tale (yay !)
- bubble bobble
- builderland
- cabal
- carrier command
- crystals of arborea
- defender of the crown