Castaway/GP 009 Released!

Only one annoyance (correct me if I'm wrong). In the readme it says .st and .msa files can be zipped. I ALMOST renamed all my previously renamed .stt files before zipping them, but thought, nah, they'll work won't they?

When I try opening a zip with a .stt it goes to the green desktop and I can't open the disk... I'm assuming this just means I need to unzip, rename the .stt to .st, rezip and reupload.

Only an annoyance and well worth it for zip support, mainly an FYI to anyone.

Edit: Confirmed, that was the only problem. Awesome work Skeezix!

Yep, the zip support is fairly naive (since god knows what you could feed it.. not a good idea to feed it a 20MB .zip of jpeg's, for example ;) It looks through the .zip for a candidate file and unpacks it and hopes its a disk image. .msa is unpacked further, otehrwise it just hopes itsd okay. I'd think a .stt file shoudl be okay.. I don't think it looks for .st files.. only .zip and .msa are specially handled, and .zip in turns just checks for .msa...

But if you have evidence to show that .stt in a .zip is broken, but .st is fine, then I must've overlooked something. However, thats okay too.. the .zip support is really just to make life eassy for all those disk images you download which are already zipped, and they'll have .st or .msa in them anyway.

Do note.. if zipped, when you save-to-smc it won't work, and if you look a .zip up in the database it wont' match anything yet. (ie: I need to add to it to unzip it, then look it up in the database)

jeff

bzfish posted on May 14 2003 said:
"Gods" (Automation 476a/B) now works with v009!

I am a happy camper now!! :) :D

Thanks!!!!!
Bloody Money is almost perfect now. The screen corruption with the bullets and coins is gone (they display fine now). You ship still flickers but great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one chief !

Not thanked you for this amazing little program yet

THANKS !

Your welcome all. And Mustang.. groovy Avatar :)

I need to make up an avatar image... scan somethign from "New World Order" Illuminati cardgame...

jeff

Back