CaSTaway Not Working

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi

I have had my GP32 for a couple of days now and although I have most things sorted, I can't get CaSTaway to work. I don't think it's my games or TOS rom as I use them on my ST emulator on the Mac, so what am I doing wrong?

I get the first screen no problems, I can choose the TOS and the Disk, I press START, and I get a BIOS screen ©Mr Spiv with a huge list of code you can scroll which usually says something like EXCEPTION at the top.

This happens no matter what disk or TOS I use, and I have downloaded CaSTaway a couple of times now...

Any ideas?

®

As long as the tos rom is in the same folder as castaway, should not be a problem, is your tos rom called tos.img, if not, there may be your problem. you do not need to noninate the tos rom into either a or b, castaway will find it if it is called tos.img.

btw, the most compatable tos i have found is tos 1.02

All I have done is create a new folder in \gpmm called atarist, copy the castaway.fxe, tos.img, stgames.txt(optional) and your disk images into that folder, also making sure that your disk images are in the 8:3 format (ie auto123.stt, auto123.msa ect), the plain .st images will not work so if you have those rename them to .stt.

also try turning the clock speed down one notch, see if it helps.

OH MY GOD!!

I had the FXEs in the GPMM folder, as soon as I moved them into the ATARIST folder, it worked fine.

I can't believe it was that simple!

I'm embarassed!

CHEERS!

®

Back