Casual Game Ports?

miseryguts1969

Still Fresh
Hello all does anyone know if there are Linux versions of games such as: Peggle, Bejewelled - Hyperballoid etc or if they could possibly be ported? also how cool would it be to have a Pandora version of Audiosurf.

there'll probably be about 5 bejewelled-alikes on the first day for free. I wouldnt assume any of popcaps games will immediately be purchaseable for pandora without some form of distribution method that can better protect their game.

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt popcap would port their games ever, alpha2, no matter what drm was available

there was one game where you were a car who had to avoid other cars i've played on an ipod before there are duplicates of that game out there and this type of game did seem fun

:blink:

I thought you'd know that.
The Pandora has 512MB internal flash and up to 32GB in each SDHC slot.
So it can boot and do most stuff without an SD card.

I wouldn't mind being able to play Peggle on my Pandora :)
Although not very likely.

I;ll agree it's unlikely popcap would make a Pandora port partly because of the minimal userbase in the foreseeable future, but they certainly are not above whoring out their games where ever they think there's a chance for monetary intake, but that brings it to why I mentioned DRM and distribution because they arent going to make any money otherwise.

Chances are though that just like Bejeweled clones there'll probably be clones of some of their other popular casual games too, it's not like it takes as much work as an action/adventure game or emulator.

'Alpha2' said:
........ it's not like it takes as much work as an action/adventure game or emulator.
Very ignorant assumption, even a seemingly simple game can require a huge ammount of work. <_<

I just love casually porting games. I just kinda sit there, almost like I don't care. But I do care, i'm CASUAL.

Peggle would be awesome on it, but no source = no port :(

'ruckage' said:
'Alpha2' said:
........ it's not like it takes as much work as an action/adventure game or emulator.
Very ignorant assumption, even a seemingly simple game can require a huge ammount of work. <_<

Very true. I just started learning some of the basics for coding for the GBA, and even my breakout took a lot of work to code a basic game.

-God Ginrai

ruckage said:
'Alpha2' said:

I'm going to be a little sarcastic since you didn't seem to read ruckage's post.

It's not like building an electric toy car from scratch takes as much work as building a tank from scratch.

Well, even building an electric toy car takes a lot of work.
Yes, and building a tank takes WAY more.
But people on this board ARE BUILDING TANKS.
So somebody less experienced like me should be able to throw a car together, and maybe someday I'll have the know-how to try and help with a tank.

'lulzfish' said:
'ruckage' said:
'Alpha2' said:

I'm going to be a little sarcastic since you didn't seem to read ruckage's post.

It's not like building an electric toy car from scratch takes as much work as building a tank from scratch.

Well, even building an electric toy car takes a lot of work.
Yes, and building a tank takes WAY more.
But people on this board ARE BUILDING TANKS.
So somebody less experienced like me should be able to throw a car together, and maybe someday I'll have the know-how to try and help with a tank.

Who is that directed at?

-God Ginrai

ruckage, I guess.
Alpha2 was just saying that casual games are easier, he didn't say they weren't a lot of effort.

Maybe I just felt like yelling at someone. Sorry.

Back