Cd Player Broke (maybe?)

dennis20014

Website
Visit site
Hey again all,

Well I just sent my computer in to some repair guys and maybe I'll have that fixed soon lol ya right.
I came across a walkman that I had gotten as a gift a few years ago and I remembered that I stopped using it since it had broke. Plus I don't really need it anymore since my gp2x does everything I need lol, but regardless I figured I should fix it regardless if I can.

First off. It's a Sony D-EJ100, a really nice player with great sound. A few months after I had it, I put a cd in, and pressed play and it wouldn't start. I switched batteries, cd's etc. When I put in a cd it starts to read it, and shuts off as it normally would. But when I press play, it won't come on. Does anyone think that it's actually broke, or that I could open it up and fix it somehow?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Have you tried running a cleaning disc through it, dust on the lens would scatter the laser causing read errors, and possibly if it can't read a disc it won't allow you to play it.

Please do not try to clean the lens yourself. A cleaning CD has fine fibre brushes that wipe dust off the lens. Only use one of them or you could even make the fault condition worse.

Back