Charge And Data Connect

Viranimus

Still Fresh
Ok, my shiney new Caanoo has a hole in the bottom of it that is leaking energy so to speak.

The normal connection cable no longer seems to charge the device or performs USB data bridge to upload/delete files.

I am waiting on an RMA at the moment, but it seems to be taking a while for understandable reasons given whats happening overseas.

In the mean time, Im wondering if I would be able to perform data connection and charge the caanoo via the USB slot. I dont have a male/male USB cable at the moment, so I dont want to go off and find one if it wont work anyway.

So is it possible for the USB slot to act in the same way as the normal Charge/uplink slot? Or if I do try to charge it in this manner will I just end up burning it up like you would if you connected two PCs via a male/male USB cord.

You won't burn anything up if you connect two PCs together with USB cables. What a terrible design that would be if that were the case. ;)

As for the Caanoo, I don't think you can charge it via the USB host port.

Is it possible that your cable is just bad somehow? If you want to try a different cable but can't find an original Caanoo cable to buy, look around on the forums here for information about making a new charging\TV-Out cable using a USB cable from another device.

ozzuneoj said:
You won't burn anything up if you connect two PCs together with USB cables. What a terrible design that would be if that were the case. ;)

As for the Caanoo, I don't think you can charge it via the USB host port.

Is it possible that your cable is just bad somehow? If you want to try a different cable but can't find an original Caanoo cable to buy, look around on the forums here for information about making a new charging\TV-Out cable using a USB cable from another device.

/shrug. On the PC connect via USB cords. I dont know, I have never tried it nor have I really ever found a need to, But I think ive read somewhere where you can potentially short them out where the USB ports are charged and distributing energy outward. Again, dont know.

As for the cord. Im not entirely sure if its the cord or not. It very well may be. I cant be entirely sure if its the cord, or if its the pins on the board, or perhaps the pins inside the cord. I have read the forums looking for an alternate cable, and thats what I would like to try first, but I am short on cash at the moment and I live in podunk so theres no proper cable that would work within a 40 mile radius of here. (yeah ive already tried)

So dependent on the circumstance I might order another cord if I havent heard anything on the RMA in 3 weeks when I get paid again. I was just asking as a potential alternative until then.

So do you think data link would be possible?

And thanks again for the input.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back