Chat with us on IRC or Discord!

Wally

I am a banana!
We have an IRC Channel on irc.libera.chat!!

#dragonbox-pyra - General chat
#dragonbox-dev - Developer chat, please keep it dev only :)
#dragonbox-games - For fun and games, Annoy dTal if you want any more games :D

We also have #openpandora but I think I might deprecate this and redirect to #dragonbox-pyra to keep everyone together.

Cloaks

We're also setup as an official group on Libera too so you are able to get a user cloak if you would like one, please PM me on the server and I can have the cloak applied for you:

The cloak must be in this format: (* is wildcard )

dragonbox/*/*
openpandora/*/*

We also have a Discord server https://discord.gg/AbtPfGK (which ED has graciously setup for us)

Last edited:
Oh, you have the cloaks set up already. I guess I need a nickserv account to use those anyway, so I'll look into reapplying for one of those; there are already other channels I've tried to join which kick me out because I'm unregistered.

Another alternative I've set on channels I'm OP for is the +q $~a mode that allows unregistered people to join but not to talk. An OP can manually allow them to talk (and they can ask for it privately). Also with this mode you'll still see the spambot instances joining and being K-lined because of spam so you know if the spam campaign is still going on or not.

So to connect, we use the existing channel names at url 'irc.libera.chat'. I assume cloaks won't transition over, are they even supported on the libera.chat network?

Last edited:
So to connect, we use the existing channel names at url 'libera.chat'. I assume cloaks won't transition over, are they even supported on the libera.chat network?
Libera definitely supports cloaks, but all the user/channel data was left behind on Freenode; you'll want a new NickServ account, etcetera.

A small update:

Freenode decided our community was against it's terms of services due to having "Moved to Libera.Chat" in the topic.. and has closed all channels.

I will not be renewing the channels and to protect our users I will be removing the namespaces completely.

So if you have a shiny dragonbox / openpandora cloak etc on Freenode you will need a new cloak if you don't have one.

We (together with other 700 channels) made it to slasdot, which mentions the changes from freenode to libera

Reactions: rSl
I found out yesterday that trying to connect to libera.chat at port 6697 or 7000 didn't work. I discovered today that the correct url to use is irc.libera.chat. I've updated my post above.

I haven't been on IRC in a while, I'm sure everything is i fine in the IRC community right?

Back