Cheap 16gb SD after rebate, USA

i have been looking at sdhc cards as well but decided to wait until the pandora ships, perhaps 32gb cards will be priced more reasonably in the next month or two.

I would say not to buy an SDHC card right now if you can wait till u get ur Pandora. SD card prices are always going down. By the time Pandora starts to ship, you could see some sizable price cuts.

os10 said:
i have been looking at sdhc cards as well but decided to wait until the pandora ships, perhaps 32gb cards will be priced more reasonably in the next month or two.

i don't know if they will drop that much in a month or so, but comparing the prices on craigx's site to the sites i always order from, the 32gb sd cards on craigx's site were about $15-$20 cheaper than other sites i use. so i went ahead and ordered the 32gb card from craigx's site along with (2) $20 dev fund donations.

i already have a 16gb sd card i've been using with my gp2x, so i may use it along with my just ordered 32gb card but i'd really like to order another 32gb sd card so i will have 64gb total on my pandora. i may get 'that' itch in the next few days and just order another 32gb card, never can seem to control 'that' itch ;)

quadomatic said:
I would say not to buy an SDHC card right now if you can wait till u get ur Pandora. SD card prices are always going down. By the time Pandora starts to ship, you could see some sizable price cuts.

I agree. I haven't picked one up yet and do plan to wait. I'm hoping to get a 32GB card for reasonable price by the time I get my Pandora. Then when I need it and the prices come down a bit, I'll get another one. Then my Pandora will be complete. 64GB, that's pretty amazing for such a device.

64 gigs ? i cant imagine needing that much, thats alot of roms, music, video, and emulators. way more than i would come close to using between chargings and time to change out data.
thats crazy!!.... just might be worth it, i guess ill have to join you guys and order a pair of 32 gig sdhc cards too.

midtown said:
64 gigs ? i cant imagine needing that much, thats alot of roms, music, video, and emulators. way more than i would come close to using between chargings and time to change out data.
thats crazy!!.... just might be worth it, i guess ill have to join you guys and order a pair of 32 gig sdhc cards too.

true, 64gb is alot, but you never know what you might want to put onto the pandora to take with you. it'll be nice to be able to carry every possible emu and rom collection i have on my pandora (once all the emu's are ported). never know what you might want to use when you are out in the wild with your pandora, so it's better to have pretty much everything than to say "man i wish i put that on my cards before i left the house".

i know that the pandora will work with 32gb sdhc cards, but i wonder if it will work with future larger cards. say like if a 64gb or 128gb sdhc card comes out. i'm guessing that if the cards follow the standards for sdhc cards then they should work, or perhaps a firmware update will allow then to work.

how about it craigx, will larger cards in the future (64gb or 128gb) work with pandora?

I'm definitely waiting until the Pandora ships. 1-2 weeks beforehand I'll start shopping, and I'm sure there will be plenty of links to deals posted here anyway. :D We might even see some post-holiday price drops as well, if you're the really patient type. ^_^

I remember paying something like $100 for a 128MB card - and being amazed at the awesome deal I got.

I'm buying my SD cards in the last moment possible.

Think about it, it's 2 more months till we get our Pandoras, and the SD prices just so happen to be dropping rapidly.

midtown said:

I doubt that I'll start with two 32GB cards but I will eventually end up with two. If I can mix music on the Pandora then that will eat up a lot of room on one of the cards.

Back