Chip For Guru!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plopperz

Huh?
Website
Visit site
I've been thinking it for a while now, but after reading his Hardware Updates thread (which he obviously put a lot of hard work into) I seriously started to wonder why Chip isn't a Guru yet.
Almost all of his posts are helpful, I know he's helped me find what I was looking for on a couple of occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree that as chip is a long term member round these parts who has continued to answer ALL questions regardless of how technical or innane, he deserves some kind of recognition for that.

I give him 2 Pedobear seals of approval and 1 RIAA.

seal.gif
seal.gif
p.jpg

+1

Chip puts a lot into keeping the Pandora forum grounded, and it's a pretty insane place some days. Often I'll be about to reply to a thread, and I think no, wait for Chip's answer. And I'm always glad I do.

I love Chip's posts, he pays a lot of effort in them.
I don't know about the Guru, isn't it reserved for developers and hardware modders? I believe what's more suitable is an invitation for him to join the GP32 Xtreme team.
I am honestly not sure what it is, but Chip should have something cool under his avatar :D

WTF - who keeps deleting my damn posts? I'll say it again

-1 for Chip getting anything but [snip]

[Edited to make it a reasonable post: 12:11 19/07/08 - Tobriand]

I agree, even people who feel the need to say NAY to Chip's potential guru status deserve to have their voice heard. I personally would have left the youtube video just to show how immature someone can be....but whatever. Glad to see it was put back.

On topic: Whenever I see Chip's posts, they're always helpful. I'm surprised he's able to keep his chin up in the jungle that is the Pandora forum, cuz I would totally go apeshit on all the noobism :p.

+1 for guru!

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I agree, even people who feel the need to say NAY to Chip's potential guru status deserve to have their voice heard.
I agree, but what case did Chad actually present for the negative? Even in edited form it's just a personal snipe. Debate generally entails giving considered reasons for your views.

Gruso said:
I agree, even people who feel the need to say NAY to Chip's potential guru status deserve to have their voice heard.
I agree, but what case did Chad actually present for the negative? Even in edited form it's just a personal snipe. Debate generally entails giving considered reasons for your views.

I wouldn't really call this a debate. It's obvious, like you said, that chad just has something against chip. That's fine, as I'm sure no one will actually take his opinion into consideration.

Chip is definitely good about being sort of in the middle ground of the fourms.
i would call him the police of the fourms, even if he does look like he's jumping onto white base.
AARRRGH!
media_050513_1_1_Seal_of_Approval-smaller.jpg

Gruso said:

Agreed. I'm left unsure of what Chad has against Chip. Hey Chad, could you PM me your uncensored reasons once you're unbanned? I'm curious. :ph34r:

BoottotheHead.jpg

I don't want Chip to be awarded for bootlicking. Every time someone says anything against the Pandora - or the way the Pandora is being handled - or that anything that Criag & Co. are doing could be improved or changed or enhanced in any way - Chip jumps up and takes one for the team.

It's annoying - and to get promoted for that kind of behavior is sickening.

Even when he's proven wrong (and, by that I mean, when C&C actually change what they are doing to fit what was being asked for - which is rare, I know) - he makes it seem like that was the plan all along, and the all-knowing C&C cannot change, because they are always right from the beginning - and change would be admitting you were wrong (even though the release date has been changed more often than a 2 month old's diaper).

He's arrogant, condescending, and I don't want him to have any more power than he already believes he has. As someone just said - he already thinks himself to be the board's police without having an "official" title - God help us all when he gets a badge and a gun.

chad78 said:
He's arrogant, condescending, and I don't want him to have any more power than he already believes he has. As someone just said - he already thinks himself to be the board's police without having an "official" title - God help us all when he gets a badge and a gun.

:lol: Tad hypocritical what?

Are you just jealous because no one took your GUI designs seriously thus depriving you of Guru status? And power? Its an internet message board Chad.

Chill out mate. B)

Well, as a certifiable Chad Chad, you more than anyone else should know that being a Guru doesn't give you a "badge and a gun". It's more like a medal than a badge ;)

Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back