Chrysler, Winner Of Motorola Inside 2004, For Gp32

rcx21000

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Whats it?

Dling now, and if someone else doesn't post first, I'll finally have posted some news :D

rcx21000

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
No. It's not a video.
All the effects are happening in real time.
If a definition of video was already calculated, then nothing would be video except raw data :D. You could say that the codec was generating raw video data from the compressed video in realtime. But it looks like a video to anyone seeing it, so it's simpler to call it a video ;).

But I do get what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinR

Website
Visit site
From the looks of the blurb it's an old Amiga demo ported or re-imagined (most likely the latter as Miggy demos were asm heavy) onto our beloved handheld. Expect music, video clips, fancy video effects and no 3d. I remember watching the Jesus On E demo back in the day and being pretty impressed.

<checks it out>

Spot on!

Max

Website
Visit site
D'oh... dudes, it's a demo... if you don't have a clue what it means, check www.demoscene.info or visit a demoparty near you.

Awesome, I love to see more demos on the GP32! Currently there are a few demosceners who want to get a GP32 after the release in Europe, see the pouët.net forum topic (as well as this topic).

I'll be at the Symphony (Poland), Bünzli (Switzerland) and tUM*o4 (Germany) this year by the way, I hope I see some new GP32 demos and users as well. :)

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
I hope the GP32 demo scene picks up. I still download the Miggy demos and play them either on my 040 Amiga or via UAE. They still have a certain something that many of the PC demos I've seen don't have. A kind of raw appeal. It's great to see 12 year old AGA gfx hardware being pushed that far :)

DaveC

Internal Development
I used to LOVE those Amiga scene demos! They rocked even on a lowly 7Mhz stock non-AGA Amiga 2000. I remember those pumping techno tunes with the plasma, vector BOBs, Raster effects, scrollers with stuff like "greetz to Red Sector, FU*k off lamers" ahh yes the good ole days :D Those were works of art and those guys were quite talented. There are some good demos on the GP32, it would be cool to see more though. I remember the demoscene really exploded on the Amiga.