Class 10 16Gb Sd Card At Reasonable Price!

Play.com Sale

Sandisk 32GB Class 2 or 4 SD Card £24.99, free delivery to UK.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/12103626/Sandisk-32GB-SD-SDHC-Memory-Card/Product.html?searchstring=Pl4ycomsaleelec&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&urlrefer=search

The picture says Class 4, so does a review from this month, but the description says Class 2. Very good price.

^ Thanks Mr Loon. I'm usually quite picky about SD cards but this seems to have passed a few tests that others have run, and the amazon comments seem to back up the performance. Let's see how long it lasts! I'm going to whack a load of movies onto mine.

Cheers Mr Loon, I've taken the gamble as at that price it doesn't matter so much if it turns up dud. Could be a decent bargain there :) I trust the shop as I got my BT headphones there (cant pair on Pandora though :( ).

Chaser said:
Cheers Mr Loon, I've taken the gamble as at that price it doesn't matter so much if it turns up dud. Could be a decent bargain there :) I trust the shop as I got my BT headphones there (cant pair on Pandora though :( ).

I also bought the 7day 32gb 10 speed card - no label, very cheap but seems to be genuine size (based on what files I can stuff on there) and fast.

PS Also have the same BT headphones. Can 'almost' pair in that see and connect but not get the sound working properly (just get noise). Suspect I need to go hacking the config file but was rather hoping the last patch would help, but doesn't appear to.

Off topic I know, but has anyone got Bluetooth headphones fully working?

Last edited by a moderator:
andyB911 said:
but seems to be genuine size (based on what files I can stuff on there)
My apologies for sounding like a broken record on this issue, but even a fake card will appear to allow you to fill it to its false capacity - how many files you can seemingly fit on a card is not an indication of whether or not it's genuine.

Whilst, given the source, I've little doubt that it is genuine, the only sure way to test for fakes is to use H2testw on an x86-based machine - it's made for Microsoft Windows, but will run under WINE on Linux and Mac OS X, as well. There's also the native Linux equivalent, F3, which has been been compiled for the Pandora by slaeshjag.

Received my card today and it passes the H2testw no problem. So thanks again to MrLoon. Now just gotta see if it has any quirks with the Pandora as I gather some folk have had issues with fast cards and SDHC above 16gb. I've been fine with class10 16gb ones but fingers crossed.

@andyB911
The BT headphones do as you say, the Pandora sees them and adds them to the list to connect to but wont actually stay connected, so no joy. I don't recall anyone posting they have managed this yet and some folk bought some really pricey audiophile models. I can get good BT audio to a Creative D100 speaker but only Exaile, Panplayer and Mplayer support it. I believe forum user Custom Processing Unlimited is trying to get pulse-audio working to try to solve this, so his threads are where to keep tabs for now.

Chaser said:
So thanks again to MrLoon

No problem, glad to be of service. :)

Pleased to report that my 32GB card seems to work fine with the Pandora, price has gone up to a still reasonable £28.88 though.

Hope whoever else ordered one has no problem with their cards either.

Back