GP32 Classes for Aliens!!!

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Hi, I'm very much a newbie to programming and C++.

I've been told that classes are great for creating multiple instances of objects such as aliens ;-)

Does anyone have example code that can demonstrate classes in C++ and how to call them?

Thanks!

I suggest you go out and buys a book.
OOP is not a trivial thing to learn or explain in a forum.

---
mithris

OOP is a bit of a mindbender when you first try and get your head around it. I've been trying for ages, and still haven't managed it properly.

I agree - go and buy a book (or get one out of the library). A couple of good ones are 'C++ a beginner's guide' by Herbert Schildt and 'C++ Programming for the Absolute Beginner' by Dirk Henkemans and Mark Lee are both a good place to start. Though dont expect it to be easy!

There's also google! :D

Good luck!

"c++ in plain english" is a good book, small in size yet it has 500+ pages and i've learned a lot from the first 30+ parges :lol:

Thanks guys for all the advice!

I'm going through "Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days Second Edition" ;-)

Binky posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
Thanks guys for all the advice!

I'm going through "Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days Second Edition" ;-)
So really that will be 210 days. I have a guide to coding C-script (just C with extra bits for a program I'm using) and it's meant to teach me in 6 days, so far its take me two months.....6....60.....not a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol ! :D

If anyone is particularly interested in my history of programming is as follows:

1. ZX Speccy Basic :) - ( speccy rules! )
2. Amstrad CPC464 Basic
3. Amos on the Amiga
4. Pascal and Cobol in college
5. A small dabbling of Blitz Basic on the PC
5. PHP ( my day job! )

It's all varied stuff - just never got around to OOP!

So 200 days left then until I master OOP :)

Back