Release Classic Apogee Games (Full Versions)

of course I am, but I won't buy the games before i'm sure to get my pandora...

Kinda worried I only see 10 to 20 purchases per app so far. I hope that's enough for them to keep porting to Pandora, as I never played a lot of of games as a kid, I was more of a console gamer, but love being able to play these now.
These are not ports, they are dos data packaged with dosbox. But your point is valid hopefully there are not any metric goals that needed to be meant to keep these available.
I wasn't clear on that or I would have bought them. I bought Shadow Warrior off eBay as I thought I needed it. They really need to make it clear as it is a lot less hassle.

Shadow warrior is the dos data with the sourceport of jfshadowwarrior.

The pnddescription states that it is the full version, that runs "out of the box".

What is your point? There are other ports that talk about a full version versus a shareware version. Obviously that was not enough to prevent me from purchasing a used SW from eBay and using the free version of the port. The part about "runs out of the box" should have been clear, but when there is doubt, I am not going to waste 4 bucks. Someone asked why there were so few downloads, I'm giving you one reason. You can argue about it and imply that I didn't read thoroughly or am not intelligent enough to understand, but the point is I spent my money elsewhere and would have gladly spent it here. I don't think the repo comments are space limited, so I suggest making it clear that this includes the full commercial game and there is no need to purchase anything else.

I get your point. But I also want to express, that I think that the description is quite obvious to me. I do not know how intelligent you are, that's why I never would make assumptions of that.

I apologise if it sounded like that to you.

Maybe ED can make the descriptions a bit clearer.

From the codebase pov, the free version and the commercial one are identically sans the startupmenu.

The full version of the classic game Shadow Warrior.

[...]

You can also export the game files onto an SD Card to play the game on your PC.
This is pretty clear to me.

One could add "including all .exe and setup files" or a sentence that by extracting you get the same stuff you'd get when buying from the 3D Realms webpage to make it absolutely clear.

I think we get it: lingenfr made a mistake. Not a mistake he's going to make again in the future, I'm sure. There's not really anything to be done, the wording is there, he just misunderstood it. It happens to the best of us, more than once I've accidentally bought something I thought was on sale but wasn't because I misread the sign. Sign was obvious, I just had a dumb moment. :p

Guys, while this is entertaining, I responded to a comment about the low number of downloads. If you choose to believe that my situation is unique, feel free to do so. I am not griping or trying to justify my stupidity, I am trying to identify a possible reason. I would submit that this type of "blame the customer" mindset is part of the reason the Pandora is a niche device. Many under performing and now defunct companies raised it to an art form.

The thing is with these old DOS games, many of us bought these years ago.. Outside of having a convenient package I can see why many don't elect to paying for these.. I personally just bought the ones I haven't owned yet.

The thing is with these old DOS games, many of us bought these years ago.. Outside of having a convenient package I can see why many don't elect to paying for these.. I personally just bought the ones I haven't owned yet.
Good point. Doesn't hurt to make the point that you will get the full, original, unchanged game with the .PND a bit more clear. It is a huge plus in my opinion. Apart from the fact that you get a nice starter for the Pandora with easy access to all settings and the original game-manual!

3D Realms just earnt another $300~ from us so far   ;)

I noticed the number didn't increase when I brought wacky racer.

851563_144885352352398_1905701001_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bug in Shadow Warrior:

if you save a game and reload after s new start of the Game Music doesn't play.

I  have to open the menu and music options, then it begins to play.

I died ad got segmentation fault.

Error occurred twice.

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/MAIN/pandora/menu/shadowwarrior.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/shadowwarrior
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/shadowwarrior"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/shadowwarrior=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/shadowwarrior=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/shadowwarrior"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/start.sh  ) ----------
cp: cannot stat `defconf/*': No such file or directory

(gtkdialog:21648): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "crux-engine",
mkdir: cannot create directory `./.jfsw': File exists

(sw:21676): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "crux-engine",

** (sw:21676): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Slick Red/gtk-2.0/scrollbar/trough-scrollbar-vert.png,
borders don't fit within the image

(sw:21676): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
SDL_AudioDriverName: alsa
SDL_CDNumDrives: 0
Segmentation fault
mkdir: cannot create directory `./.jfsw': File exists

(sw:21731): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "crux-engine",

** (sw:21731): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Slick Red/gtk-2.0/scrollbar/trough-scrollbar-vert.png,
borders don't fit within the image

(sw:21731): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
SDL_AudioDriverName: alsa
SDL_CDNumDrives: 0
Segmentation fault

Where did you die?

Played through first 3 levels abd haven't seen this yet.

First level.

Underground train station.

I entered the tunnel and got killed by the machine gun tower.

If I find a way to reproduce it I'll lost my savestate.

I've tried to reproduce it.

Once I got the segfault again but then it never happened again.

I'll report when it occurs again.

Back