Release CLI Love - A pack of excellent CLI Apps for OP

So, one thing that is immediately apparent for me is that the bash-shell that's started with ctrl+esc works really bad.

For me if I kill a program, when I get back to the CLI I can see the blinking cursor, but I can't see anything I'm typing.

Also after that the whole shell seems a little "messed up". It looks like tabs are flying everywhere between output (like ls) and whatnot.

And, the shell starts at /, maybe it would be better to start in the users home-dir? And perhaps read the local .bashrc for some configuration?

Other than that it's a pretty neat project :)

So, one thing that is immediately apparent for me is that the bash-shell that's started with ctrl+esc works really bad.

For me if I kill a program, when I get back to the CLI I can see the blinking cursor, but I can't see anything I'm typing.

Also after that the whole shell seems a little "messed up". It looks like tabs are flying everywhere between output (like ls) and whatnot.

And, the shell starts at /, maybe it would be better to start in the users home-dir? And perhaps read the local .bashrc for some configuration?

Other than that it's a pretty neat project :)

"Killing is not nice [..]". :) Anyway, stjerm dont like killing, instead of that create another tab [right mouse button -> new tab] and start the program from there. If program will be unresponsive just close the tab without killing app [right mouse button -> close tab]

btw. stjerm starts in /mnt/utmp/cli-love-app/ <- this is a HOME dir for CLILOVE and not in /

Last edited:
looking forward to the cli love with c/c++ tools; is there an app in the current cli love that is like gnuplot? if not could you put gnuplot in next release?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to the cli love with c/c++ tools; is there an app in the current cli love that is like gnuplot? if not could you put gnuplot in next release?

cheers

i'll add gnuplot to cli love package then.

C++ Dev tools will be pr3esent in next release as well. I will need to hack around a little bit longer with Freamon's dev tools

Hmm, Streak leave the boards? what did I miss?

Will anyone else support the 'CLI Love'-pnd?

There was a new version uploaded on the repo today. StreaK is back as Commander-Beef ;)

Hi,

excuse me, if this has been asked before. I did not read through the entire thread.

CLI Love is great!

I'd like to use CLI-Love without using the Pandora GUI. I.e., I am connected to the Pandora via network / ssh, have a (standard) shell (using Putty) on the connected computer, and want to start CLI Love from there, in order to use it inside that Putty shell.

(How) is this possible?

Thanks!

I never tried that, but imo this could be problematic in execution. SSH spawns standard bash process, so there's no way imho to spawn a process from pnd and then bash from cli love :/. But, i might be wrong..

You could open the shell with clilove as you do now and export the terminal session with screen or something and set a password for a user to connect to it.

wow... i was looking for a much simpler solution. ;-)

I thought it must be as simple as starting another shell from a shell.

So I now disassembled the PND and tried to find a way by myself. Unfortunately, without success.

I am stuck with the binary "stjerm", which is called from the run.sh script. What does it do?

stjerm is a default terminal for CLI Love

and yes, you can mess around with screen or tmux [both are included in CLI Love]

Why not just make a copy of the run script which calls bash instead of stjerm?

Then you could dump that in appdata and call it with a pnd_run (or pqr if you have PND utils installed) command line from your ssh session?

- Neelix

I have another suggestion:

You could make an optional clilove installer, that creates scripts for every program on the nand bin folder. The scripts would need to mount the pnd and set the bin folder in the pnd into $PATH and launch the program. That way you could use that apps from the pnd in the normal system as long as the pnd doesn't move.

Thats how it is done with the java pnd I think.

Any chance we could get a PND hosted somewhere other than Facebook? I'd really like to have this, but I'd rather do without than create a facebook account.

http://repo.openpand...pp=cli-love-app

The Facebook thing is in the past (don't ask, can of worms!) but FWIW it didn't require an account, just good eyesight ;)

Thanks a million. In one simple PND, you've given me practically everything I'd been puzzling over how to comfortably get without major surgery on the NAND. (A resident terminal and tons of utilities I've grown used to on my desktop like htop and ncdu)

I agree, CLI love is a great package!

I'd still like to have an easy way to use all the gems in CLI love over an ssh terminal.

Most of the times I need those things, is, when I am only connected to the Pandora via ssh from a Windows computer...

Daniel

Is there a help doc somewhere for some of these commands? The colorful top-like program on the repo page (2nd row, 4th and 5th images) looks interesting, but no idea what it's called or how to start it?

I'd like to use CLI-Love without using the Pandora GUI. I.e., I am connected to the Pandora via network / ssh, have a (standard) shell (using Putty) on the connected computer, and want to start CLI Love from there, in order to use it inside that Putty shell.

(How) is this possible?
My cdevtools package has a startup script which handles this situation. You can start the pnd in the shell simply as pqr cdevtools, and if there is no X display associated with the shell, then the shell itself is reused for the PND. There is no job control in it, but otherwise it works fine. I used it a lot myself when working on DDX drivers.

I suppose the same script could be reused for CLI-Love PND.

Back