Colour Transparency

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
Alright - Apologies if this has been answered in another thread but I couldn't find an answer to it.

How can I change the transparency colour from black, to something else? Is it image specific or is it something in the fenix code that i'll have to change?

I've been working on my very own 'Hello World', including text and a very basic image so I can get used to text colour, background colour, creating and using FPGs, etc. My first result was successful:

Picture0011.jpg

Not very clear, crappy webcam. But hey.

On changing the background to white, the cat's eyes have also turned white (EG Transparent). Is there any way I can stop this, aside from changing the colour to something a little off 0 0 0 RGB?

Attachments

• Picture0011.jpg
    Picture0011.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 155
Twinbee posted on Mar 24 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
Alright - Apologies if this has been answered in another thread but I couldn't find an answer to it.

How can I change the transparency colour from black, to something else? Is it image specific or is it something in the fenix code that i'll have to change?

I've been working on my very own 'Hello World', including text and a very basic image so I can get used to text colour, background colour, creating and using FPGs, etc. My first result was successful:

Picture0011.jpg

Not very clear, crappy webcam. But hey.

On changing the background to white, the cat's eyes have also turned white (EG Transparent). Is there any way I can stop this, aside from changing the colour to something a little off 0 0 0 RGB?

I had similar problems and no thats the best way...

use pure black at pallete value 0

and use very dark grey for outlines, blacks etc

sPaCe :ph34r:

Attachments

• Picture0011.jpg
    Picture0011.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
Moogle posted on Mar 24 2005 at 07:07 PM said:
There is no way to change what Fenix sees as the transparent colour if that's what you mean :)

That's true, as long as you're on 16 bit mode. A lot of people have experienced problems with that and it can get really annoying.

I highly recommend that you start using 8 bit modes as soon as you get enough experience. You will be able to change the transparency color, and do some nice palette related stuff when you get more comfortable with the use of the language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back