Commodore 64

I'm quite tempted to get a competition pro for my Amiga
when you want an usb comp pro + adapter, make sure to get the newer edition with faster polling. the older was too slow.

this is my Original Manual, for the least edvanced micro computer in the world ^^
i really loved the intro saying it is a 'friendly computer'. this inspired me a lot, having the 'good one' as a companion.
'the least edvanced micro computer in the world': the vic 20.

first game I finished today was California Games
good choice, epyx games are really cool.
somehow i was really good at 'foot bag', but 'half pipe' was waay cooler. :D
a good location to look up games in german is https://www.c64-wiki.de/wiki/Portal:Spiele , btw.

having suction cups at the bottom of the joystick, and give it a lick, then firmly placing them on a flat surface was the best way for me
same here with quickshot one's. these joys were not that stable but easy and silent to move without micro switches. and cheap to buy.
i only used comp pros at friends locations and always wanted one. now i have four! 2 slow usb ones and 2 9pin.
Post automatically merged:

Really short intro/menu to SJKT64
nice fire anim. looks great! :cool:

nice fire anim. looks great! :cool:
Thanks, probably spent far too much time playing with that, because there's very little else to it at the minute. Certainly no gameplay yet xD

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
When you search for a C64 Mini/Maxi Rompack, there is a 256 Games big pack whit allready renamed D64 Files, and this is the one I have..
My Sister hadn’t Original Games at the 1980thes for her C64, so it fits ..
Lots of the Games on this Pack aren’t known from me, but some..
Giana Sisters, Space Taxi , Summer Games, Pacland, seems like I have to try out lots of games .. But the Games I try until now are all pretty entertaining ^^ ..

I wonder if the Xbox One can take Screenshots also from the HDMI In Sources ..

Reactions: rSl
The Commodore 64 demoscene still chuns out good demo's.

I found this one quirky, but very refreshing:

Sometimes I squeeze my brain to figure out how they did a one pixel high ribble. Because the logo is made in petscii, so I think they created some one pixle black bars in sprite, and put them on top to make the second ribble invisible.
But then you could only get 8 sprites (per raster line), and there are more than that in sections to make up for all of them, like the gray bar to mask black pixels... and then you see it's just quotes to do the effect...

This one is funny:

Last edited:
Multiplexing explained:

And some code to do your own multiplexing:

Here are some games:

From that list I found this one I did not know:

which part of the demo are you referring to?
The non-smooth borders of the AMMO logo (which you can see in the screenshot of the youtube movie)
I thought it was made with:
1587748798590.png
and then tape off part of it with a sprite, but it was
1587748798680.png
(at the top part, a reversed one)

Nice FBnil! :)

I'll add some nice stuff too, but where to start? Where to end? :)

Funny! Because so recognisable! XD

One man job, amazing style and effects. Really impressive!

This made me laugh when it came out at X18

More will follow undoubtly! :cool:

And some code to do your own multiplexing:
Last week I had put 96 sprites on screen with top and bottom borders open for a bitmap fade idea I had which didn't work out as I wanted :)
Open side borders I still have some problems with as my stable irq almost always ends up being unstable. I guess I don't work tidy enough but I must admit I still code old-school novice level :p

SID music with a modern sauce:

And wow... this is MUSIC!

Have an old Ghostbusters game on the C64 and you want to have money to play a game with the most expensive car?

And the explanation how the encoding actually is programmed:

Last edited:
C64 Finally Getting a Dark Mode
Following the trend of Windows 10, Chrome and other applications, a C64 cardridge is in development that does just that.
For computer enthusiasts that want to try it out on their C64, here is the code:
Code:
10 POKE 53280,0
20 POKE 53281,11
30 POKE 646,15
40 PRINT CHR$(147)
50 NEW
RUN
darkmode_c64.jpg

To exit Dark Mode, type:
Code:
sys 64747

Sources:

Attachments

• darkmode_c64.jpg
    darkmode_c64.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
C64 Finally Be Getting a Dark Mode
Following the trend of Windows 10, Chrome and other applications, a C64 cardridge is in development that does just that.
For computer enthusiasts that want to try it out on their C64, here is the code:
Nar, dark mode is rarely just blacks... You needed
Code:
POKE 53280, 0
POKE 53281, 11
:)

@rSI: Aarg, my eyes!
@pmprog: not bad, yes, that feels more genuine "dark", how about also adding poke 646,15 for a better font color?

To reset your machine colors (but not the basic program): sys 64747 It is similar to print chr$(147) to clear the screen, but it also resets your colours.
edit: The official soft reset is SYS 64738 but we execute the last part of it, so the program memory stays intact.

Last edited:
Back