Commodore The Final Years Book. Kickstarter.

Backed :) I`m hoping for some nice stretch goals!
Hope he adds them soon before backers start slowing down... otherwise we`ll loose out..

The strech goals seem to be up now. I don't think they were there about an hour ago, but now I revisit the project they're there. Very little for you if you're going for ebooks, but if you've ordered any actual books they look quite promising (especially sewn binding at 50k) although I guess colour photos at 60 and 80k will translate well.

Damn, it took me a long time to find this thread, possibly because I kept thinking the book was called 'Amiga: the final years' ;)

So there's been something of a bump in pledges today, with it exceeding the second day's takings both in terms of number of pledgers and total pledge amount. This seems to have been sparked by a post announcing the 40k stretch goal had been reached, meaning if you remove the dust jacket the raw book will have foil lettering pressed into the spine, which I think is a feature of all the hardback books I own (apart from some textbooks which just have the cover glued and wrapped around the hardback cover itself - a couple of my more recent pop-art books which have the cover design wrapped around the cover and a dust jacket printed with the same image, which seems slightly excessive).

Anyway, we're suddently most of the way towards the 50k stretch goal (sewn binding) which it most interesting to me personally and might get me to pledge for this myself (even though I never owned an Amiga or any Commodore hardware here).

What perks did you go for?

I selected the minimum as i already have most the other books:
HARDCOVER Commodore: The Final Years
A HARDCOVER BOOK, the EBOOK edition, and personalized business cards

I just went for the minimum. Just the book. The stretch goals are working out nicely.

I still must read the last book. My book pile is burgeoning out of control. Much to get through.

Less than 24 hours left on this, and if you plump for a physical reward you currently will get a commodore pen (no other description given) and the book itself will have 8 pages of colour photos, and a foiled, embossed cover. Just a few thousand can$ to go and you'll get another 8 pages of colour photos. Last chance people!

Back