GP32 Community game , Story line

Ikimoto is a japanese teenager. His sister, Yaruhito, has been kidnapped by alien creatures, who hid her in a castle!!! Now Ikimoto must find her - but not without a fight!!

Hrm... I created this off the top of my head. How does this sound?

Long before man, before even the universe had existed, a good god, named Lena the god of Good, decided to create the perfect world. She created beautiful world, with lush plant life, and absolute peace and tranquility. To inhabit the world, she created a small boy - Geo - to live in the world. The god loved geo, and geo her. There Geo lived for millions of years.

During which time, much had changed. Several gods had come together to create another universe - the universe we live in.

The other universe was to be created as a joint effort between the 7 gods - The god of love, the god of wisedom, the god of strength, the god of music, the god of happiness, the god of good, and the god of evil. Each of the gods put some of themselves into the world. However, when it came time for the god of evil to put some of his essence into the world, the 6 other gods protested. "The universe", they reasoned, "does not need evil." The god of evil was infuriated, and in a rage, left to create his own, dark universe.

From within his dark universe, he created an army of minions, and attacked the universe. Lena and the other gods protested and attacked, but the dark god's minions over powered them. Lena, unable to defend the universe, retreated to her perfect world to hide with geo.

Unfortunatly, the dark god followed her, and discovered Geo and his world. Being the wicked god that he is, he destroyed the perfect world, and kidnapped Lena.

Geo, however, managed to escape from his collapsing world into the universe. Lost in a strange and new land over run by monsters, Geo vowed to rid the universe of the dark god and rescue lena.

EDIT: Ok, thought of some more. Geo must traverse the universe, finding others who will join him in ridding the universe of the dark god, and then, once a party is formed, must seek out the 5 other gods. each god will give geo a new power. Once geo has the other god's 5 powers, he can travel to the dark universe. In the dark universe, there are 8 strong holds which hold monsters that have keys. Only when one has all 8 keys can he enter the dark god's castle.

So the game progression would look like this:
1. Find other party members
2. Find 5 gods
3. Kill 8 monsters
4. Enter Dark god's castle.

Have we desided if this will be a traditional RPG, or something like zelda? I'd think something like zelda would be more fun to make, in my opinion.

taras posted on Oct 2 2003 at 11:43 PM said:
Ikimoto is a japanese teenager. His sister, Yaruhito, has been kidnapped by alien creatures, who hid her in a castle!!! Now Ikimoto must find her - but not without a fight!!
Ive think ive heard of somthin like dat before.. but they were walking and saw a random bunny and it all faded and he awoke in some weird place and has to find his girl...I tbhink it was for snes

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooljerk posted on Oct 3 2003 at 12:14 AM said:
Hrm... I created this off the top of my head. How does this sound?

Long before man, before even the universe had existed, a good god, named Lena the god of Good, decided to create the perfect world. She created beautiful world, with lush plant life, and absolute peace and tranquility. To inhabit the world, she created a small boy - Geo - to live in the world. The god loved geo, and geo her. There Geo lived for millions of years.

During which time, much had changed. Several gods had come together to create another universe - the universe we live in.

The other universe was to be created as a joint effort between the 7 gods - The god of love, the god of wisedom, the god of strength, the god of music, the god of happiness, the god of good, and the god of evil. Each of the gods put some of themselves into the world. However, when it came time for the god of evil to put some of his essence into the world, the 6 other gods protested. "The universe", they reasoned, "does not need evil." The god of evil was infuriated, and in a rage, left to create his own, dark universe.

From within his dark universe, he created an army of minions, and attacked the universe. Lena and the other gods protested and attacked, but the dark god's minions over powered them. Lena, unable to defend the universe, retreated to her perfect world to hide with geo.

Unfortunatly, the dark god followed her, and discovered Geo and his world. Being the wicked god that he is, he destroyed the perfect world, and kidnapped Lena.

Geo, however, managed to escape from his collapsing world into the universe. Lost in a strange and new land over run by monsters, Geo vowed to rid the universe of the dark god and rescue lena.

EDIT: Ok, thought of some more. Geo must traverse the universe, finding others who will join him in ridding the universe of the dark god, and then, once a party is formed, must seek out the 5 other gods. each god will give geo a new power. Once geo has the other god's 5 powers, he can travel to the dark universe. In the dark universe, there are 8 strong holds which hold monsters that have keys. Only when one has all 8 keys can he enter the dark god's castle.

So the game progression would look like this:
1. Find other party members
2. Find 5 gods
3. Kill 8 monsters
4. Enter Dark god's castle.

Have we desided if this will be a traditional RPG, or something like zelda? I'd think something like zelda would be more fun to make, in my opinion.
that sounds so cool, its beyond great. There is one thing i would like to add another playable character, make that an evil one, Geo- is fight to save lena... and the Evilcharacter- Mission to seek out geo and kill of whats left of resistance. Butm IT HAS TWO BE AN RPG

gp32animefreak posted on Oct 3 2003 at 12:21 AM said:
taras posted on Oct 2 2003 at 11:43 PM said:
Ive think ive heard of somthin like dat before.. but they were walking and saw a random bunny and it all faded and he awoke in some weird place and has to find his girl...I tbhink it was for snes
Yep, I just described every NES/SNES game ever created, apart from Tetris...

Yes exchanging e-mail would be A good idea

Mine is Gouger st@aol.com (name of the apartment building)

Adress it as CPS(community project storyline)

While e-mailing we have to find out a secret random location forum, that has nothing to do with this for example some forum on sopme site with nothing to do with gp32, Just so people dont read and see the whole story line.

I have to admit, the above idea sounds great :)
Here is a story I had in my head for some time...
Don't know if it's good, don't know if it can be used anyhow, or if we can combine it.

Well:
The world once was a single large one with many different countries.
But because humankind fought each other, it became seperated and sealed away by the gods - into seven different worlds (desert, grass, snow, etc.), according to the wiseness and kindness the inhabitants of the different countries had.
In the middle of the world there is said to be the mighty power of the gods - the power that can destroy the worlds or create anew.

Years passed and most people think this is only a legend.

Our hero lives in a nice, grassy world (the world which is farest away from the center), and one day, after he was hunting in the forest, he finds his village destroyed.
When he arrives there, he sees a dark hooded man leaving and follows him - seeing him disappear into another world.
He follows and finds himself into a completely unknown world.

Well, what happens exactly on his journey I do not know yet.
But he comes together with some other guys and girls whose village is destroyed by the dark man and they have to find ways to follow him from one world to another.
The goal gets clearer and clearer while playing: Arrive at the center before the dark man gets hold of the power and creates worlds of pain.

The interesting thing:
In the different encounters with the dark man he never kills you - and he seems somewhat familiar.
And: The hero changes and behaves quite strange during the time... why?
Because while finding new ways to the next worlds, he gets more and more addicted to magic - which turns him into the dark man at last!

Now the rest of the friends have to save him from becoming totally dark - but the dark man destroys the world during the game.

Finally, we'll find out that the dark man is the hero (but travelled back in time), and the final way to rescue him is to travel back in time to the very beginning of the game...

What do you think of that :)

bit of a mind twister! Sounds excellent with opportunities for different enviroments and styles of magic. if that game was actually properly produced that would be amazing. id buy it anyway.

Hmm, that's another idea, maybe we can sell the community game when it's finished :)
Since the GP32 is being released in Europe, there are a lot more potential buyers :)
It won't make you rich, but I'm sure it's nice to know you participated in a nice commercial game :)

I got a great Idea for a story and even of you dont take this atleast let me put comedy into the story you pick.

Alright you start off on a ship towards an island, your name is Whatever you choose. Your one of those good guys who was hired to rid the island of thieves and crap like that. Once you get to the dock you notice the town is a little 'off'. People are really stupid, the stores have no lock as do the houses. So you wander down to the chief or justice office to get into your gear and weapons. There you meet your deputy, who is a dumb slave like person for you. So to start off your first night you head into the bar to find information. After you find some needed clues an sticky situation acccurs. A few hoodlems come in and you throw some normal people some your only guns and you say shoot them, they scream and throw the guns at the intruders and run, then its into a RPG style battle against the thieves or whatnot. After you defeat them(if you dont you suck) you pummle them for information and all they say is you in for the ride of your life. Then by a rope tied to their feet b4 they came in they are pulled away. Also a ninja comes in and throws a smoke bomb and when it disapates he is still there and walks to the bar table and sits down, then one of those ? marks goes other ur head. Then someone yells 'Im going to kill YOU' and you turn around shooting them only noticeing that him and his friend where playing verbal chess. Oh well.

If you like my storyline so far tell me. It will be long enough and updated if you like it.

Just so you guys know, when the story is finalized, I need to know what kind of game it is to be able to make any sort of music. I want it to be fitting to the setting, characters, etc. Send me an e-mail at brak773@ameritech.net when a decision has been made so I can start doing a little tracker work. Thanks.

well there should be some fight music but then someone stupid says something stupid and then the music stops(like on a turn table) and yeah. I want to read the story so could it be sent to shane_lindner2001NOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove nospam)

Back