Community Party Game?

I could do a german translation.

And what the heck, as if the two runtimes would boost this to a 50mb package o_O Fenix runtime is just 2.7mb (1.2 zipped) tho that wouldn`t be the biggest thing in the file. Can`t imagine that the Java runtime would be much bigger.
Other than that, getting a handheld with games you have to download from the internet, and then >bitching< about too big files because of not available broadband is pretty stupid.

Quiest said:
I could do a german translation.

And what the heck, as if the two runtimes would boost this to a 50mb package o_O Fenix runtime is just 2.7mb (1.2 zipped) tho that wouldn`t be the biggest thing in the file. Can`t imagine that the Java runtime would be much bigger.
It is bigger, 10.2 Megs. And stupid or not, it happens, quite a lot actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
There could be a base core with the runtimes and the launcher, and game packages could be released periodically, and extracted to the games folder inside the base core installation. I know Nagelfar can make Java games run from any folder not just jamv-whatever, so that won't be a problem.

Quiest said:
10.2 meg is a lot, thats true :eek:
It can be stripped down. Just don't include the libraries that have no use for the GP2x (database communication, networking, those kind of things)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back