International Pandora Launch Party

Which meeting location would you prefer?

• Total voters

@ MAP

Odd that not a single person from Iceland seems to be here, eh. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING YOU LITTLE DEMONIC VOLCANO-WORSHIPPERS? :D

@ Party

Already said so offtopic in the other thread, but now again in the right thread:

I already got a party set up, ready with fresh Pizza, 24/7 Barservice, old train-shed, 3.6.-6.6.2010 near Frankfurt/Main, Germany so the only thing missing is a Pandora. You are very welcome to Party anyway (who needs a reason to party anyway). It's only 10€ fee for power, sleeping & washingrooms, network and other stuff. It was a LAN-Party before but I never liked CS anyway.

If there are a couple of Pandorians that are interested, I am very willing to set up a special area for my fellow friends, and maybe an even reduced price because I like you so much.
And for Wootson I will get my second A1200 going (for a nice match of XtremeRacing).
And I am sure I will also find a space for Nupfis bodyguards and maybe even her stalkers (It's a big hall).
Oh and before I forget: For Craig there is a nice and safe rooftop (roomy and not very steep with a lovely view)

That map is a nice idea, some people here though are either living on boats or are mermen

jottt said:
Already said so offtopic in the other thread, but now again in the right thread:

I already got a party set up, ready with fresh Pizza, 24/7 Barservice, old train-shed, 3.6.-6.6.2010 near Frankfurt/Main, Germany so the only thing missing is a Pandora. You are very welcome to Party anyway (who needs a reason to party anyway). It's only 10€ fee for power, sleeping & washingrooms, network and other stuff. It was a LAN-Party before but I never liked CS anyway.

If there are a couple of Pandorians that are interested, I am very willing to set up a special area for my fellow friends, and maybe an even reduced price because I like you so much.
And for Wootson I will get my second A1200 going (for a nice match of XtremeRacing).
And I am sure I will also find a space for Nupfis bodyguards and maybe even her stalkers (It's a big hall).
Oh and before I forget: For Craig there is a nice and safe rooftop (roomy and not very steep with a lovely view)

Sounds pretty perfect to me! Especially with some Amiga action going on.

Will add this possibility to the opening post tomorrow.

@jottt: I'm willing to trade my one-of-a-kind Pandora Paper Edition for your lovely Amiga 1200. I will even sign it for ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
HaCo said:
Polossatik said:
no poll? :)

What about Brussels, Belgium... the centrum of the EU? and good beer.. :D

You have my vote! :D
Germany somewhere in NRW or Brussels would be great :)
Aachen would be even better :-D got a few nice pubs and clubs

lastaid said:
HaCo said:
Polossatik said:
no poll? :)

What about Brussels, Belgium... the centrum of the EU? and good beer.. :D

You have my vote! :D
Germany somewhere in NRW or Brussels would be great :)
Aachen would be even better :-D got a few nice pubs and clubs

+1 for Brussels
not yet ordered a Pandora, but thinking about it
So make that +0.5 for Brussels :)

+1 for Aachen - it's a nice city and nice people are living there (Me for example).
But Brussels is ok for me too.

Personally I think it's best for us all if we first vote for which continent the meeting will be held. I've set up a poll with various options. Vote away!

I also added jottt's option to the opening post.

id be up for a trip to amsterdam for this also, i like it there but its been too long, i need an excuse to visit there again

Vlynndar said:
Germany and London are easily reachable for me. My vote's for Europe!

Yeah, somebody moved me to the middle of the sea.... and now for some reason I can't put my marker back. Ah well, NM.

I wouldn't have any Launch Party near an Ocean..

This Guy..

cthulhu-6.jpg

You know with the Pandora's luck..

Attachments

• cthulhu-6.jpg
    cthulhu-6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 96
A meeting with hundreds of people might not be possible here.

We are planning for 200 people with ~ 30 already booked, so if you are quick you can have 170 seats :p Aaaaand...we also have another big hall...just in case ;)

The only thing that really makes sad (since years now) is that I somehow lost the PCMCIA network card I had for the A1200. It's kind of rare to find one that actually works with A1200 nowadays and this one worked fine :( Fiberline 10 MBit afaik.

Anyone got one for me by any chance?

TrashyMG said:
I wouldn't have any Launch Party near an Ocean..

This Guy..

cthulhu-6.jpg

You know with the Pandora's luck..

If he's waiting for a Pandora they'd better hurry up... he looks pretty pissed off!

The only thing that really makes sad (since years now) is that I somehow lost the PCMCIA network card I had for the A1200. It's kind of rare to find one that actually works with A1200 nowadays and this one worked fine :( Fiberline 10 MBit afaik.

Anyone got one for me by any chance?

NE2000 or 3c589 compatible? I think I have a couple banging around. Bet you can find 3c589s on ebay for next to nothing though. Or look here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=116

Edit: Also, this guy is selling some:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47913

Attachments

• cthulhu-6.jpg
    cthulhu-6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 90
Back