how to find other pandora owners/users/potentials

pokitfoxx

HI,

so i was just wondering if we could create a "meet a pandorian" forum where people could say just make a topic with a city/country/area and other pandorians or potential pandorians can get together and share knowledge or show off their precious' :D

for example:

I live in Vancouver BC Canada, i have a circuitco pandora and am willing to show people or meet up with others with pandora's to see what they have done with theirs and perhaps learn a few things. I think it would be a great way for some1 like me to learn what I can do with this amazing pocket pc, considering i know almost nothing about coding.

i understand this could be in conflict with providing personal information and whatnot but honestly were all in the Pandora game together, (winning the game at the moment :D ) and every1 knows multiplayer games are awesome!

We used to have a custom Google map, but it was quite limited and useless really (and got ruined by trolls). It would be cool to see something better implemented.

I don't see the necessity of creating another sub-section for us to keep an eye on, to be honest. This sort of thing falls under General Talk's banner! :)

[...] i have a circuitco pandora and am willing to show people or meet up with others with pandora's to see what they have done with theirs and perhaps learn a few things. I think it would be a great way for some1 like me to learn what I can do with this amazing pocket pc, considering i know almost nothing about coding.
A dedicated subforum would probably have become a mess by the time enough people have entered information there.

Since there aren't really that many people out there who actually own a Pandora, unless you want to learn how to create a usable local Pandora user groups management, a sensible alternative can be to look for a local Linux user group.

I have this thing.. called Pandar.. It beeps when there's a pandora user near

Last edited by a moderator:
so i was just wondering if we could create a "meet a pandorian" forum where people could say just make a topic with a city/country/area and other pandorians or potential pandorians can get together and share knowledge or show off their precious'
Maybe i'm stoneaged, but wasn't that what boards/forums were made for? :D

A start would be if everyone would fill his/her country (and maybe state/city etc) in their user profile. Then people might get an idea how many people are in their area, plus you can use the members list to search for people in your country. For instance, there are 19 people on this forum that live in the netherlands (and has it filled in their profile).

The downside is that some people don't want to put their location in their profile and that the member list would include people no longer active. But as I said, it's a start.

A start would be if everyone would fill his/her country (and maybe state/city etc) in their user profile. Then people might get an idea how many people are in their area, plus you can use the members list to search for people in your country. For instance, there are 19 people on this forum that live in the netherlands (and has it filled in their profile).

The downside is that some people don't want to put their location in their profile and that the member list would include people no longer active. But as I said, it's a start.

Thats quite funny, as you yourself don't have the location in your profile ;)

PokitFoxx,

I had created a pandora website a while ago, with this feature (using nice google map plugin). Unfortunately, it had absolutely no success.

It appear that the OP community is really forum oriented.

@mcobit, I thought that I added that... I added it now :)

@_david_, I'm pretty sure that there were a pandora meeting or 2 before (besides the meetings at general conventions)

I assume it's brand new but there is now a members map on the top nav bar

CJ

PS and 2 forum and members bars :wacko:

A members 'map'?

I'm not seeing that ... Are we talking a graphical map?

I see the menu item named 'members' but thats a list of all members, which has been there for a while if not from day one.

I do have 2 menu items named 'Members' though, and 2 menu items called 'Forums'.

<-- This is where I'm at anyway, though at present I'm not a Pandora owner, sadly..... ....soon

A members 'map'?

I'm not seeing that ... Are we talking a graphical map?

I see the menu item named 'members' but thats a list of all members, which has been there for a while if not from day one.

I do have 2 menu items named 'Members' though, and 2 menu items called 'Forums'.

<-- This is where I'm at anyway, though at present I'm not a Pandora owner, sadly..... ....soon

screenshot6.png

Good point about the two members buttons :)

The online/offline tags are nice too

EDIT: Scary thing is, that you could pinpoint your house on that map :blink:

Yeah, I'm loving the new functions, my approximate location is on the map for all to see ;)

There's also an 'upload image' function - maybe it could be used to carry posted images into quotes?

Could someone quote this to see what happens?

1333546696-U3032.png

There's also an 'upload image' function - maybe it could be used to carry posted images into quotes?

1333546696-U3032.png

Yay, I'm useful! This makes me so happy! ;)

Just added my location.. Looks like moz and I will meet one day :p

Pandora Melbourne meetup, coming soon :p

1333546696-U3032.png

Yay, I'm useful! This makes me so happy! ;)

So that works...

What if I do it as a normal attachment?

forum-tes-2.png

They might have fixed that bug with the upgrade...

(try quoting this)

Back