Compiler Problems

thanks scorpio. i hope you get those allegro libs working because i wouldnt even know how to fix them.

Hi,

jkgp2x, check your other thread re. allegro problems...

Dzz posted on Apr 24 2006 at 10:14 PM said:
scorpio posted on Apr 24 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
I think one of the things that initially shocked me into investigating shared v static was the size of the original compo release of Vektar, it was something like 4.5MB.
Heh, it shocked *me* into investigating the difference between WAV and OGG :lol:
Well that would explain a lot! It makes me feel a bit better about not being able to get my executable sizes down as easily as I would like.

My current setup has the shared objects in mnt/sd/lib/, and I'm compiling my programs using dynamic linking and LD_RUN_PATH set to "/mnt/sd/lib", and it's nearly working. On the GP2X side of things I have to start the program by calling the dynamic linker directly, i.e. "/mnt/sd/lib/ld-linux.so.2 ./testprog", as it seems that the system won't let that be overridden by any of the environment variables. It could also be that I'm missing some subtlety in the way the dynamic linker works.

I'm getting a mysterious segfault halfway through, and I'm currently trying to get gdbserver working over the USB serial port so I can use Insight on the PC side (without much luck, I may add), as using gdb in text mode is a bit painful when you're trying to keep an eye on structures. My code is initialising though, and successfully mapping the upper 32MB and using its own memory handler for that, so it's probably an error in my code that's getting exposed by the use of a shared library. I'm pretty sure of this, as other programs compiled in this way seem to work OK.

I think it's progress, though, and even in the worst-case scenario, a launcher script can do the extra launching step itself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back