Pandora Compiling drivers for pandora

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
Hello everybody, I have to say that I never used a cross-compiler, I have only installed software from the sources for servers with debian, and mandriva (wich i use in my desktop PC's).

First of all I have installed DjWilli's cross-compiler on my laptop (running mandriva). I had no errors during the instalaltion, but I can test the "DisplayImage" example although it was created (my pandora is being repaired).

If I have understood the thing is that i have to use the "arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc whatever.c" instead the standard "gcc whatever.c" command. I'm wrong?

Anyway the first thing I wanted to try is a USB dongle wich I had around home, and I want to test if it's speed is better than the built in. By the way it's an rt2860.

I have got the sources and here is where I'm lost:

1- I need to specify the kernel source location on the makefile, wich I don't know where to find, if the drivers were for the host computer it would be /usr/src/linux. They are included in the package 20100611-i686-linux-armv7a-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-openpandora.tar.bz2 or they should be downloaded apart?

2- It ask me aswell for the GCC wich is not /usr/bin/gcc otherwise arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc whom I don't know it's location.

3- It aldo asks for the "LD of the target machine", and this time I have no idea what is talking about, any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Somebody did step-by-step instructions on building modules for pandora, you should find them. Maybe somebody can link, I don't have enough time to find them for you.

Pandora's firmware is built using OpenEmbedded, so if you want compatible modules you have to use that. There should be instructions somewhere in DJWillis' site.

Alternative is to rebuild the kernel and all modules (from git.openpandora.org) with any ARM cross-compiler you like and use them instead of what's in formware.

Pandora's firmware is built using OpenEmbedded, so if you want compatible modules you have to use that. There should be instructions somewhere in DJWillis' site.

Alternative is to rebuild the kernel and all modules (from git.openpandora.org) with any ARM cross-compiler you like and use them instead of what's in formware.

Ok, now I have got some tests at college when I finish them I will take a look, by the way my pandora is repaired and will come on monday, I could make some tests then.

I'm not sure about question 1, but djwillis' cross compiler should contain arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc and arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld or something similar. These are the answer to your questions 2 and 3 if I understand what you're asking correctly. The first one is the actual compiler (well, the front end in the case of gcc) and the second is the linker.

But I've not even looked as djwillis' compiler tools so I can't tell you where these are. I'd suggest grepping for something with gcc in the name - the linker is probably in the same folder.

Back