Computer Speakers

Bramrash

Hi, I'm looking for some new speakers, and by new I mean quite old and cheap. My speakers have started to sound worse and worse, they are a pair of JUSTer SP-690's. I just searched on the internet and found a site that sold the mark II version of my speakers for $13.

Basically anything would be an improvement, but i would like the speakers to last a long time and sound 'nice' :p

I've been looking at these on ebay:

linky

Including postage thay are a bit more than i would like to spend, what does everyone else think of them? I also looked at the I-trigue 3330 from creative, but i like the fact that the microlab ones have a remote, higher wattage and are for around the same price.

Anyone own any microlab speakers? They aren't talked about as much as creative and logitech, are they any good?

Cheers in advance, Dave

P.S. hope the link works

I used a range of speakers, and now I don't bother with any of them, and just use a decent pair of headphones instead, which also means I can do everything in the middle of the night too and not disturb anyone :)

I've decided im gonna pay up to around £30-35. Cheers for the suggestions, but i prefer speakers to headphones, and i'm lookin for something with a bit more power than the S200's.

I had a look at the X-230's and for the price they seem excelent, although they've been given some bad reviews saying the 'mid-range' isn't good enough and the bass is too loud. A few also specify that they are no good for indie rock music, which is one of my favourite genres :blink:

I dunno what to get, gonna have to give it some thought

EDIT: Just seen these, they look pretty cool, £16.19 including delivery. To tired to look for reviews though, will save that for the morning

If you have a nice stereo system, buy a cable with on one side a headphone jack and on the otherside, the red and white audio jack. Connect it between your PC and Stereo ét voilà!

Will cost you for about $2 max ;)

NoidZ said:
If you have a nice stereo system, buy a cable with on one side a headphone jack and on the otherside, the red and white audio jack. Connect it between your PC and Stereo ét voilà!

+1

I've got an older shelf-style stereo that I have my PC plugged into and it works great, much better than a pair of crappy PC speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I have a pair of JUSTer SP-689. They are broken though. If you turn them on you can only hear "BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!" I guess if you use yours for a while more you will end up with the same.

Bramrash said:
I've decided im gonna pay up to around £30-35. Cheers for the suggestions, but i prefer speakers to headphones, and i'm lookin for something with a bit more power than the S200's.

I had a look at the X-230's and for the price they seem excelent, although they've been given some bad reviews saying the 'mid-range' isn't good enough and the bass is too loud. A few also specify that they are no good for indie rock music, which is one of my favourite genres :blink:

I dunno what to get, gonna have to give it some thought

EDIT: Just seen these, they look pretty cool, £16.19 including delivery. To tired to look for reviews though, will save that for the morning

There is one review on this page: http://www.lowestonweb.com/products/info.a...A5-7611636C8490

NoidZ said:

+1

pc speakers are all garbage, ive been using hifi speakers for years...
right now ive got 2 floor standing speakers (jensens inside) for gaming/music much better than pc ones imo

Hi, I decided to go for those cheap trust speakers, at 16 to 17 quid I think they're worth a gamble, "cough"cheapskate"cough". I suppose if they're crap i'll just throw a wobbler and ask for my money back. This is all based off that one review aswell, which is the only review I could find.

My JUSTer speakers make a loud buzzing noise, but with the music on loud enough you can't really notice it, as the distortion of the music is even more irritating :angry:

I dont have a hifi, always just used my computer for music, suppose I've only really been into music for the last 4 years.

Anyway, cheers for all the suggestions guys, I never fail to get a response on anything when I post it here. :D

Well, they came today. Packaged very well, looking great. I plugged them in and there's a loud humming noise coming from the sub :( . Back to amazon they go!

The one good thing I can say about them is that with them turned up loud the sound was a lot better than with my old speakers, ah well, should have guessed that the cheapest option wasn't the best way to go.

Back