GP2X Confirmed Sdio?

MiniMoose

Alright, now that people have units, I've got to ask if there is SDIO support in the SD drivers? Since GPH hasn't released their source yet, I image that it is possible that SDIO is supported in the firmware as a binary kernel module that will not be released in source form.

Nobody has confirmed this either way AFAIK. If there is SDIO support then WiFi is possible without worrying about the SD consortium. Getting/writing SDIO drivers for WiFi cards is legal, it's just the SDIO stack that is proprietary.

learn to read, it have been said 2843623785623478562347856349times that there is no sdio support, however teh hardware supports it and it could be added later, or not.

learn to read, it have been said 2843623785623478562347856349times that there is no sdio support, however teh hardware supports it and it could be added later, or not.
I didn't know you were the source of all that is true :p I was asking for clarification since people have confused the hardware support with software support and have listed SDIO peripherals as an option for the device.

Next time I'll just IM/email/IRC MSG you for the answer to my questions. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not evrything i am saying is right, but most should. :)

The issue have been talked about many times, you could have tried the search funktion, the wiki, the official site, or even google.

Since GPH hasn't released their source yet

Do you think they will? It doesn't sound like it, but I they do, that'll make me buy the GP2X ;)

Seriously, why do you answer questions if it's so damn annoying, Vimacs? Your attitude makes me feel sick! Get happy! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back