Conker and Paper Mario on Pandora?

Me126546

Still Fresh
I have been wondering, how well does Conker's Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario 64 work on the Pandora?

Not well. Conker is not playable, and Paper Mario is, though with severe graphical glitches.

Well how do these games work?

banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

All the Spyro and Crash games

mario RPG Legend of the 7 stars

The Banjos work OK, I think. Dunno about Tooie, but Kazooie runs well. The others run pretty much perfectly.

Not well. I think Ocarina is playable with a lot of overclocking (and some graphical bugs). Mask, if I recall, isn't. The N64 emulator isn't perfect. I wouldn't consider it a deal-maker, just a deal-sweetener. A bonus, if you will. Playstation 1 emulation, however, is fantastic. It's safer than not to assume a game works excellently in PCSX-ReARMed.

Last edited by a moderator:
All great. GBA emulation, though, is not native; it's actually the Wiz (another console) version of GPSP running through Ginge, a compatibility layer for GP2X and Wiz games. As a result, though, the emulation, while fullspeed (and very compatible), is slightly choppy, and the full screen can't be used.

And how is NES and SNES and all the SEGA emulaters?

PS: thanks for answering my questions

To answer all your questions:

Conker's Bad Fur Day: Doesn't run. :(

Paper Mario: Runs, but don't expect perfection. Flickering isn't too big of a deal anymore (although it does happen occasionally), most of the problems with this game is that almost everyone looks like a pale square or a shadow, depending on where they stand. Not a game killer, but can be very annoying.

Banjo-Kazooie: Runs pretty well if your willing to overclock a lot. It starts to really chug when you get to world 2, but it's been running up to the point I'm at (World 3).

Banjo-Tooie: I haven't tried this with the newest version, but with the last version, the game would crash during the first cutscene.

All the Spyro and Crash games: I have tried Spyro 1 and 2, and both run great. I wouldn't be surprised if the third ran also. Crash 2 and 3 run, but Crash Team Racing hangs (Apparently there's a solution to this involving the BIOs, but I've already tried it and it didn't work.) I haven't tried Crash Bash, but it's safe to assume it runs too, since PSXreARMed supports the vast majority of the PS1's library.

Super Mario RPG - Legend Of The 7 Stars: Runs flawlessly, as far as I can tell.

Zelda - Ocarina Of Time: Does run, but it's a bit choppy and has some graphical issues. Last I heard, The game crashes at a certain temple, making it impossible to progress beyond that.

Majora's Mask: Hangs after entering the second doorway after the first cutscene.

GB and GBC Emulation: There is a few good emulators available for these, and pretty much all of them work really well. The only difference is what interface you like (And sometimes configurations, too).

GBA Emulation: Not perfect, but still really good. It's sorta like PSXreARMed, it runs a lot of games, but it has a select few that don't run so well. Mario & Luigi and Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories are examples of games that don't work, but pretty much everything else I've thrown at it (which is about 2 dozen games) Do.

NES: Pretty much perfect. I've only had 1 or 2 games not run on them (And I think it might be because they're bad dumps :p )

SNES: Again, pretty much perfect. Star Fox, Star Fox 2 and Stunt Race FX don't run, but pretty much everything else does.

SEGA: Thanks to Notaz and his emu Picodrive, SEGA systems are pretty much covered. Genesis games are emulated flawlessly. Even Virtua Racing works! I've never had a Genesis game not work. Master System games also work great. I haven't tested MS Emulation a lot, but all the Sonic games for the Master System do run. Sega CD also runs perfect. There is basic support for 32x and the Pico, but haven't had too much success with either. There currently is no Game Gear support (Games will sometimes load as MS games, but colors will be screwed.) and understandably no Saturn or Dreamcast emulation (Oh, and almost forgot SG-1000!).

Hope that answered your questions thoroughly enough. :)

Mednafen and Dega run Master System and Game Gear games flawlessly. Also, Star Fox works, I dunno what your deal is.

Paper Mario: Runs, but barely. Without activating the PM hack, you can't really get past your first encounter with Bowser. I haven't been able to test with it on though (My Pandora doesn't cooperate for some reason and won't turn it on. :p )

Majora's Mask: Doesn't run. Keep in mind that there isn't a good open-source N64 emu that would work with the Pandora without major reworking. What we are running now is the best we got, and it's actually not that bad - it does run a few popular games like Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros. You just have to remember that currently on the Pandora, N64 Emulation is like that extra cherry on top.

I got both paper mario and majora's mask running. They had graphical issues, but the latest version of bzfrank's plugin (version .5 or something) had me playing paper mario fine and dandy. Still not perfect, but I'll see if I can take a video to give everybody an idea of how well it was running for me.

Majora's mask worked a few months back when bzfrank originally introduced his fixes. I was able to get well into clock town before the graphics glitches were even that bad. However, south clock town was just a big black abyss if I remember correctly...

GBA Emulation: Not perfect, but still really good. It's sorta like PSXreARMed, it runs a lot of games, but it has a select few that don't run so well. Mario & Luigi and Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories are examples of games that don't work, but pretty much everything else I've thrown at it (which is about 2 dozen games) Do.

Mario & Luigi works flawlessly in GpSP. I got probably a half hour in before I got distracted by other games.

Mednafen and Dega run Master System and Game Gear games flawlessly. Also, Star Fox works, I dunno what your deal is.

I was talking about Picodrive specifically, but yes, Mednafen does offer Game Gear emulation. (Haven't tried that yet, but it's Virtual Boy emu works well if you overclock...)

Also, I think someone else has pointed this out on the boards, but Starfox plays too fast. I guess you could say that Star Fox works, but it works a little too well for some people... ^^'

I got both paper mario and majora's mask running. They had graphical issues, but the latest version of bzfrank's plugin (version .5 or something) had me playing paper mario fine and dandy. Still not perfect, but I'll see if I can take a video to give everybody an idea of how well it was running for me.

Majora's mask worked a few months back when bzfrank originally introduced his fixes. I was able to get well into clock town before the graphics glitches were even that bad. However, south clock town was just a big black abyss if I remember correctly...

Well then there must be something wrong with my version of Mupen, because (although there is less flickering in the new version of the emu) The game still comes to an absolute crawl for me when I first encounter Bowser. Maybe I'll film what happens, It's not easy to explain. :p

I donno what to say, man. Majora's Mask was not rendering stuff right. I also can't play Waverace 64 because there's a stupid black box in front of everything (and everyone else says it does work and it shouldn't be there...) So it's probably just my copy or something.

Mario & Luigi works flawlessly in GpSP. I got probably a half hour in before I got distracted by other games.

I must be an unlucky guy than, because the game randomly decides to crash on me every 2 - 20 minutes.

I'll try re-downloading both emu's again.... No guarantee it will change my results.

EDIT: Deleted the appdata (That wasn't roms), Re-installed gpSP and started up Mario & Luigi. Got up to the part where you fight Bowser. The star starts coming towards me and.... it crashes. So no change there. :/

EDIT 2: Alright, so Bowser is still a bunch of rainbow blocks, but this time the game didn't come down to a complete crawl. I was actually able to get past that part and save! So Paper Mario is faring better than I gave it credit for, and I've edited my post to reflect that.

Maybe you have a bad dump?

Well, I went and downloaded a different dump and played for 22 minutes. Doesn't crash anymore, but now it says my save data is corrupted and I can't save...(And yes, I did delete the old save.)

Majora's Mask hanged as soon as I entered the second doorway after the first cutscene.

...And Wave Race 64 still has this big, black box in front of my view. :p

The way you explained paper mario is was just right. The bowser fight was a little messed up, but after that everything was working alright for me.

Not sure what is going on with Mario & Luigi. I'll try investing some more time into it later to see if I get a crash.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you try the different video plugins in Mupen. I know I for sure got into clock town in majora's mask with one of them.

What Emu's are you people using for GB/GBC/(GBA)? Every emu and game I've tried has been a slow motion fest and has sounded horrible.

Back