Conky Configs

retroDude

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I started playing with conky today and came up with a simple setup like this, I hope other will paste their config files, and discuss inprovements so we can make nice desktops.

28hfmlf.jpg

The Config File:

alignment top_left

background no

border_width 1

cpu_avg_samples 2

default_color white

default_outline_color white

default_shade_color white

draw_borders no

draw_graph_borders yes

draw_outline no

draw_shades no

use_xft yes

xftfont DejaVu Sans Mono:size=12

gap_x 0

gap_y 5

minimum_size 60 60

net_avg_samples 2

no_buffers yes

out_to_console no

out_to_stderr no

extra_newline no

own_window no

double_buffer yes

own_window_class Conky

own_window_type normal

stippled_borders 0

update_interval 4.0

uppercase no

use_spacer none

show_graph_scale no

show_graph_range no

TEXT

${offset 590}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=22,bold} ${time %H:%M} ${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=12}

${offset 590}HARDWARE:$hr

${offset 590}${color grey}CLOCKSPEED:$color $freq MHz

${offset 590}${color grey}CPU:$color $cpu% ${cpubar 6}

${offset 590}${cpugraph 20, 200}

${offset 590}${color grey}RAM:$color $memperc% ${membar 6}

${offset 590}FILESYSTEM:$hr

${offset 590}${color grey}ROOT:$color ${fs_used_perc /}% ${fs_bar 6 /}

${offset 590}${color grey}SD-1:$color ${fs_used_perc /media/mmcblk0p1}% ${execbar df -h | grep "/media/mmcblk0p1" | awk '{ printf "%s", $5 }' }

${offset 590}${color grey}SD-2:$color ${fs_used_perc /media/mmcblk1p1}% ${execbar df -h | grep "/media/mmcblk1p1" | awk '{ printf "%s", $5 }' }

${offset 590}${color grey}SWAP:$color ${swapperc}% ${swapbar 6}

${offset 590}NETWORK:$hr

${offset 590}${color grey}UP:$color ${upspeed wlan0}

${offset 590}${upspeedgraph wlan0 20, 200}

${offset 590}${color grey}DOWN:$color ${downspeed wlan0}

${offset 590}${downspeedgraph wlan0 20, 200}

Nice, I'll post mine up later, it's a butchered one from a pre made setup, and it works with my current background perfectly too.

I like the look of this, it looks like it's highly customisable then too. I'd like to see more styles.

Wallpaper is neon

I've got the battery bar to work, we could do with a page with pandora specific cocky items, such as the battery bar or the clock speed display (I had a lot of trouble with my config as I just butchered other people's attempts, I tried to add a time remaining display but couldn't).

I'll upload my (very messy) config in a minute as my pandora is out of battery right now.

alignment top_right

background no

border_width 1

cpu_avg_samples 2

default_color cornflowerblue

#default_graph_size 0 5#h

double_buffer yes

draw_borders no

draw_graph_borders yes

draw_outline no

draw_shades no

gap_x 25

gap_y 15

maximum_width 360

minimum_size 360 10

net_avg_samples 2

no_buffers yes

out_to_console no

own_window_colour black

own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

own_window_transparent yes

own_window_type normal

own_window yes

stippled_borders 2

update_interval 2

use_spacer right

use_xft yes

xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=10

TEXT

${voffset 10}

${color #0000FF}$nodename ${alignc}$sysname $kernel ${alignr}${time %H:%M:%S}

${color #0000FF}Uptime:$color $uptime ${color #0000FF}

${color #0000FF}CPU:$color ${cpu}% ${color #0000FF}${cpubar 5,288}

${color #0000FF}${cpugraph 0 32,360 0000FF 0000FF}

#${execgraph ~/conkypandoracapacity.sh}

#${execgraph ~/conkypandoravoltage.sh}

${color #0000FF}RAM Usage:$color $mem${color #0000FF}/${color}$memmax - $memperc% ${color #0000FF}$membar

#is swapping even possible? ${color #0000FF}Swap Usage:$color $swap${color #0000FF}/${color}$swapmax - $swapperc% ${color #0000FF}${swapbar}

#${color #0000FF}${downspeedgraph eth0 32,155 0000FF 0000FF} $alignr${color #0000FF}${upspeedgraph eth0 32,155 0000FF 0000FF}

#${color #0000FF}Net Down:$color ${downspeed eth0} k/s ${color #0000FF}Net Up:$color ${upspeed eth0} k/s

${color #0000FF}File systems:

${color #0000FF}PANDORA $color${fs_used /}/${fs_size /}${alignr}${color #0000FF}${fs_bar 5,120 /}

${color #0000FF}SD_MAIN $color${fs_used /media/SD_MAIN}/${fs_size /media/SD_MAIN}${alignr}${color #0000FF}${fs_bar 5,120 /media/SD_MAIN}

${color #0000FF}SD_GAMES $color${fs_used /media/SD_GAMES}/${fs_size /media/SD_GAMES}${alignr}${color #0000FF}${fs_bar 5,120 /media/SD_GAMES}

#ramdisk? ${color #0000FF}ram $color${fs_used /media/ram}/${fs_size /media/ram}${alignr}${color #0000FF}${fs_bar 5,120 /media/ram}

${color #0000FF}Battery

${execbar cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27500-0/capacity}

$color${execi 15 ~/conkypandorabattery.sh}

---------------------------------------------------

sorry its so messy. Also, my clock seems to be out by a lot after a short amount of time hence the odd time in the pic.

120418-194718.png

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I don't know what it contains, I just took apart and planted in things to a config that already had it.

And thank you :) I need to get round to finding a red and green mouse icon that doesn't have the white background, I have conky, WBar and ABMouse on autostart but some things like The snes emulator don't play ball with ABMouse so I have enable and disable on the bar.

I use an old MacBook so the setup looks pretty close to OSX

A while ago I tested some available Configs but even if the look was changed, I never got the graphs working or displaying CPU Speed or Network. Does Conky require admin rights or what's the trick?

A while ago I tested some available Configs but even if the look was changed, I never got the graphs working or displaying CPU Speed or Network. Does Conky require admin rights or what's the trick?

you need to change to what your wlan fefers to, mine is wlan0, $cpu and $cpubar sould work. to wiev sd cards you need to change the path and name of your cards, ex. ${execbar df -h | grep "/media/YOURCARDNAME" | awk '{ printf "%s", $5 }' }

The gap_x, gap_y desides where conky is displayed on screen. i prefer the ${offset } command. i find it easyer

Note, what you find working for laptops and other computers may warry from pandora.

Some info that may help:

- http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html

- http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html

I didn't find those links helped that much for me, which is why I suggested something for pandora specific conky commands.

I butchered mine together I really should neaten it up.

I didn't find those links helped that much for me, which is why I suggested something for pandora specific conky commands.

There are no 'Pandora specific' commands for conky. There are only conky commands that will work on any computer with conky installed.

There is a *huge* thread here all about conky complete with screenshots and different setups you can try:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865

I know it's for Ubuntu, but that doesn't really matter, just decide how big you want your conky window, decide where on the screeen you want to place it and then fiddle around with the variables.

Here is a link to how my desktop looked a while ago, I can post the config files if anyone is interested.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6398899&postcount=5064

A couple of random links to show off other peoples desktops too.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/tag/conky/

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/8-beautiful-conky-desktop-monitor-setup/

I did start to write a wiki page for conky, now that people are getting Pandoras and I might even get mine soon maybe I should get back to it.

the file found in sys/class/net/wlan0/wireless/link seems to react to signal strenght of the wlan network

So.. i opened the path in terminal and came up with a code like this:

${execbar cat /sys/devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.2/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:0001/mmc2:0001:1/net/wlan0/wireless/link}

It works, it reacts on signal strenght, but however i dont seem to get 100 % even tho im standing next to rooter.

It seems like for me it dumps 66, 67 in the link file at maximum.

Back