Contacting Developers...

Szymon Ulatowski says he will take a look at porting Bike or Die after he has finished his new game! :) (Should be a few weeks.) This is some great news, if we are lucky we will be getting one of the best handheld games of all time. B)

I'm not sure who you would need to contact about a Nethack clone. I imagine that would take a bit of time since there would be no keyboard to work with. Someone did make a Rogue clone for the Gp32 though right. It could be possible.

OrR posted on Sep 27 2005 at 10:42 AM said:
Szymon Ulatowski says he will take a look at porting Bike or Die after he has finished his new game! :) (Should be a few weeks.) This is some great news, if we are lucky we will be getting one of the best handheld games of all time. B)

F&$%ing awesome!!!

Most GP32 people don't know what they're missing with Bike Or Die. I hope they get to play it on the GP2X. :)

It will probably run very smoothly on the GP2X, for one thing it would only have to be 320x240. So it should get very high framerates. It was a bit choppy at 480x320 on the Zodiac (in the high details mode), but still very playable of course..

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on people, nobody got some spare time to contact some of his favourite devs? :p You can also contact devs that have already been contacted but haven't shown any reaction.

Digitalrat posted on Oct 26 2005 at 03:28 PM said:
Most people only play games from big companys..
Yeah - and they don't own a handheld from a small company. They are the lemmings of the consumer world blindly following the pack. This is the the GP community - we are different.

digitaljez posted on Oct 26 2005 at 05:01 PM said:
Digitalrat posted on Oct 26 2005 at 03:28 PM said:
Most people only play games from big companys..
Yeah - and they don't own a handheld from a small company. They are the lemmings of the consumer world blindly following the pack. This is the the GP community - we are different.
I sure hope so! So, what about your favorite devs? :p

There aren't many alternatives to "big" games in the world of PCs. There are opensource-games, but most are either clones from games that you can play on emulators or 3D-games (and the GP2X is more an 2D-handheld).

And my favorite programmers are for example Reesy and Squide, but do you really think that they don't know about the GP2X? :rolleyes:

If there were a market for people actualy buying software for the GP2X then maybe dev companys would put some effort into making something cool that people would pay money for. We need some old school software houses like Team17, Bitmap Brothers and CodeMasters to take risk and push the GP2X to show what it is capable of.

Problem is that companys like Team17 nowadays only have developers that develope in 3D normally. As a result of this they would need to learn new things, which produces aditionally costs.

Digitalrat posted on Oct 26 2005 at 09:11 PM said:

There aren't many alternatives to "big" games in the world of PCs. There are opensource-games, but most are either clones from games that you can play on emulators or 3D-games (and the GP2X is more an 2D-handheld).

And my favorite programmers are for example Reesy and Squide, but do you really think that they don't know about the GP2X? :rolleyes:
Well, let me be the first to tell you that you are completely wrong! :) Check out gametunnel.com .

I knew that someone would answer like this. ;)

First looking at this site it seems that on this site are mostly clones (genre arkanoid Oo), strategy games (don't really need another strategy game..) or games using DirectX or OpenGL (- 3D-games).

I also know http://adventuregamers.com/ which is a nice site with nice games, but mostly 3D games.

Point is, that all aren't handhelds game and if you don't have another handheld, you won't know any other developers. Or if you have a gameboy or psp you will expectfully just know Nintendo, EA,..

Codemasters gave a definite no to porting any of their back catalog or any future projects :( , not realy surprising tho looking at their current project line up. No harm in asking tho.

Still waiting to hear back from Bitmap Brothers and Team17 :D

I just send question to the Housemarque. They done the Stardust and The Reap and having both ported to the GP2x would be great.

Later I will beg the 3DRealms for a port of Balls of Steel. The "build" games will be ported effectively by community imho and the BoS being an 2d game could be done quickly and at very low cost for a company.

Ok. I did send email to the 3DRealms. Now is a waiting time for a reply (if only will be one).

What a luck do you have with other companies?

Back