Converting Saves From Snes9xw To Squidgesnes -how?

Shmurge

Still Fresh
Hello to all! I play a lot of times in SNES games on my Palm Tungsten T3 with LJP 1.2 - it is a emulator for Palm Os, that support SNES, NES, Sega MD and some others platform, and they SNES saves are fully compatible with SNES9Xw . But now I have buy GP2X and want to play my SNES games on it. And the main problem is that SqudgeSnes dont recognise my saves. Is there a way to convert or something else SNES9Xw saves to SquidgeSnes format?

As far as i know, there isn't. But if your any kind of gamer, you need only wait for an excuse to start over again and game for another eternity with the classics. If your not that kind of person, just find new games.

If the game has Save Ram (.srm) files, those should just copy straight over. As for save states, most emulators write their own format, so that is most likely not going to happen.

-Kensupen

Unfortunately the devs don't seem to be interested in save-portability. :(

I had a similar experience when Reesy upgraded DrMDx... I even offered to write a save upgrader... I only needed to know the specs of both versions of the save and how they are different. Unfortunately no info was provided to me.

Basically if I know what constitutes each type of save, then there's a potential for me to write a tool toconvert saves.

If the game has Save Ram (.srm) files, those should just copy straight over. As for save states, most emulators write their own format, so that is most likely not going to happen.

-Kensupen
Thanks, man! This method work exсellent! I just copy my .srm file to my SNES folder and they load!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the devs don't seem to be interested in save-portability. :(

I had a similar experience when Reesy upgraded DrMDx... I even offered to write a save upgrader... I only needed to know the specs of both versions of the save and how they are different. Unfortunately no info was provided to me.

Basically if I know what constitutes each type of save, then there's a potential for me to write a tool toconvert saves.

Reesy released the source for DrMDX quite a while ago. You should be able to figure out the save state format from that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back