Help Me Game Saves Are Not Happening!

alexcaughman

Still Fresh
Hello all, I just recently received my GP2X F200 and a 2GB Sandisk SD card and I'm having a little bit of trouble with game saves in Squidgesnes and GNUBoy. I keep trying to get saves working, but I only got one obsolete save for Chrono Trigger (seriously I'm at least two hours farther into the game than what the save is at). I searched google like crazy for a solution, even youtube. My questions for you guys is:
1. How do I get my games to save?
2. If I can't get these saves to work, how do I save and load savestates?

Sorry if I come across noobish, but I'm desperate.

I'm not sure about Squidgeness, but I know GNUBoy can't save games from the game, only by the application.

Ingame, press L+R, then Y. You'll see a bunch of save slots. Press A to save, B to load. When you're done, press L+R twice to go back to the game.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for solving my GNUBoy problem, but I still need some help with Squidgesnes... At least I can play Harvest Moon 3 through to the end. :)

Edit: I also have problems with DrPockstSnes. Whenever I try to load a rom it freezes. I did everything the readme said and I cannot find the solution on google or youtube.

Save states should work fine in Pocketsnes, and actual game saves can be a little bit tricky. Pocketsnes used to detect when the SRAM had changed, and then call sync() to commit the save to SD, this was changed in recent builds, and you need to save using one of the below methods.

1) Enable Autosave in the menu, then everytime you goto the Pocketsnes menu, it will commit the save to disk (I recommend this option, and I also recommend using the menu to exit Pocketsnes to make sure your saves are well, saved)

2) Manually commit the saves by going to the Pockesnes menu, and clicking save sram.

I am not 100% sure about Squidgesnes, but I think it is incompatible with F200's due to the sound frequency it uses.

Everytime I try to use PocketSnes on my F200 I have issues. I go to load rom and I select a rom, but the emulator freezes. I installed it according to the instructions the readme gave, why can't I get it to work? P.S. I have tried HeadOverHeels's latest build, and the last two builds done by Reesy.

Back