Cool Mod

Surprised no one else has replied to this. That does indeed look cool and I would imagine a gp2x mod like this (only with a joypad) would be quite possible. Not sure how comfortable it would be to play though. I actually like the stick now for a lot of games but there are still games where using a joypad is an advantage - with something like this you could have the best of both worlds.

I agree with the comfortability. You'd still want to be able to use the shoulder buttons and having an extension out the left side of the unit for a d-pad, would make it tougher to use the L button. You'd also have to keep in mind that it can't interfere with the power switch.

In terms of attaching this mod, you'd want to keep it rigid and I'd suggest having a plate that attaches to the back of the case (possibly making an attachment plate that uses the screw holes for the back case and you connect the d-pad mod to the attachment plate)

I noticed in the video that once you connect the the mod, it's recognized and the stick is automatically enabled. Would this be possible on the GP2X or would you have to enable the usb whenever you wanted to use the mod? And one enabled, would the stick still be functional?

prairiefire posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:57 PM said:
I noticed in the video that once you connect the the mod, it's recognized and the stick is automatically enabled. Would this be possible on the GP2X or would you have to enable the usb whenever you wanted to use the mod? And one enabled, would the stick still be functional?

Its not actually USB, the connector the mod plugs into is actually wired directly to the switches of the existing stick so that wouldn't be a problem. Later on in the thread there is a link to the original mod which was simply wired in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back