Corrupted Sd?

dockthepod

So, I think gngeo managed to corrupt my SD while dumping GFX. It locked up in the middle of the dump so I turned off the 2X. When I start it back up, the 2X hangs until I removed the card. I've tried viewing it on my windows pc through a card reader and windows just gets pissed at me when I try to do anything to it (I want to format). My PS3 ignores it for the most part but one time I got it to try to format and it threw up an error at me.

I think my card was on the way out before, so it might not be gngeo's fault.

Is it time for a new card or is there some voodoo that I can pull on this guy?

Nah, it's just a cheap ol 512 stick I've had for quite a few years.

And what's wrong with the PS3?

$!!

but also go to Fry's (US) and you can get a 1gb 60x SD for $15!! or a 4gb 150x for $60..
if the cards are on sale..

but that is kinda odd cuz i've had a 256mb card for years now (i paid $75 :rolleyes: ) and its fine!

I guess I make too much money... 600 didn't seem too bad for what you get :) I'm really enjoying running linux on this thing. I can stream movies off my PC onto my tv and I'm getting emulators set up as well. Not to mention all the great games that will be coming out.

Anyhow, I'm going to order myself a new SD and maybe someone will give a suggestion on how to bring my old one back to life.

dockthepod posted on Feb 7 2007 at 01:06 AM said:
So, I think gngeo managed to corrupt my SD while dumping GFX. It locked up in the middle of the dump so I turned off the 2X. When I start it back up, the 2X hangs until I removed the card. I've tried viewing it on my windows pc through a card reader and windows just gets pissed at me when I try to do anything to it (I want to format). My PS3 ignores it for the most part but one time I got it to try to format and it threw up an error at me.

I think my card was on the way out before, so it might not be gngeo's fault.

Is it time for a new card or is there some voodoo that I can pull on this guy?

powering off open files on a fat file system is always a risky venture, probably need to run fsck.msdos /dev/sdd1 or whatever. I did this a while back while powering off mame on transcend 4gb card, wasn't aware it corrutped until I was adding a bor pak that appeared to copy ok but never showed up on the card. fsck and still working great. Now I exit to the top menu before shutting down and don't let the battery run out completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
dockthepod:-
1. Try accessing the card through 'disk management' in Windows XP.
2. Some people have had success accessing corrupt cards through other OS'es like Win98 or Linux. You could also try accessing via PDA or digital camera for formatting.

Edit: Wade through the comments at this link http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/20...b-flash-drives/ some of them have useful ideas. Lets us know if and how you fix it as I have had problems like yours in the past. See ya!

Sphinxter posted on Feb 7 2007 at 02:39 PM said:
Now I exit to the top menu before shutting down and don't let the battery run out completely.
It's wise to treat your SD card carefully whilst it's being written to. One thing I now do in Windows is to never pull out the SD card without first right clicking the drive letter in My Computer choosing 'eject'. This tells Windows to dismount the card and stop all read/writes. I now never get Windows 'delayed write failed' errors. <_<

Yeah I learned that the hard way, I have a somewhat corrupted filesystem on my SD card now, since apparently my NES ROM folder is 400GB in size.

Yeah, those NES roms are huge man.

On the plus side, I just priced out some SD cards on newegg and damn they are cheap now.

dockthepod posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:28 PM said:
Yeah, those NES roms are huge man.

On the plus side, I just priced out some SD cards on newegg and damn they are cheap now.
i told you FRY'S!!!! they are very cheap there!

Hehe, newegg - 7.99 for 1 Gig :)

Look

I think there's a Fry's in my area (seattle) but I think it's quite a ways away.

Back