Release Corsix-Th (Open Theme Hospital Engine)

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi All,

Just thought i'd share this little project I spent a few hours on today, works really well with the touchscreen. Just need you guys to test it, I am aware of some issues which I have mentioned below. (Thanks Sebt3 for an awesome guide!!)

Usage: You require the original Theme Hospital files (best to have full game as it works better (ebay / amazon / Bullfrog), you also require Timidity from the OpenPandora Archive

Controls:

Touchscreen / left nub = Cursor and clicky thing

Spacebar = Rotate objects.

Known Bugs: ( I will report these to the Corsix-TH team)

** With Mac OS X you will have issues with the ._ files (Mainly in the MIDI folder) where music is loaded and ._ files are seen in the jukebox (run dot_clean in Terminal before putting files on pandora or use Ubuntu to install these files for now).

Download link : Download I tried to attach files but it didn't let me as it was too large

Youtube video of game play

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NE0E_KzSiBc?feature=oembed

I figured it'd be a great addition to our current extensive range of games.. Its now annoying me, I need to sleep its nearly 10PM :p

Lol, i'm still learning how to port. Its amazing to see such a great community growing :)

Added to wiki btw :D

woot, theme hospital with me wherever i go !. unfortunatly it seem that the "hd" audio thingy doesnt work even provided with the mp3 >< i believe im missing a shared library, oh well, i play the mp3 in a background player instead. pretty much the same thing =D. Thanks man

Works near perfect I "lost" 3 hours last night playing this,

occasionally had a timing error which asked me (in game) if I wanted it to recover yes always worked, and I had one doctor just freeze so I fired him and he didnt move anywhere

except that works fine, loading and saving games everything

Dpad + touchscreen is perfect for this thanks alot

tip if you want to hover over something because you dont know what it is use the nubs as mouse,

I'm going to show my absolute ignorance here, but is there any guide on installing this properly on the Pandora? I've unpacked the zip folder and gotten the game files, but I'm not sure what to put where?

ok, a little bit of trail and error and I got the game up and running! My new problem is that the game runs in a window too big for the Pandora screen, can I select a fullscreen mode somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

occasionally had a timing error which asked me (in game) if I wanted it to recover yes always worked, and I had one doctor just freeze so I fired him and he didnt move anywhere

tip if you want to hover over something because you dont know what it is use the nubs as mouse,

Yeah I had the timing error which stopped a patient inside a building, I will report this with the CorsixTH development team unless its not fixed in the latest SVN build??

I'm going to show my absolute ignorance here, but is there any guide on installing this properly on the Pandora? I've unpacked the zip folder and gotten the game files, but I'm not sure what to put where?

ok, a little bit of trail and error and I got the game up and running! My new problem is that the game runs in a window too big for the Pandora screen, can I select a fullscreen mode somewhere?

You should just have to place the whole lot into the /Pandora/apps folder (or if you like put the PND in the Apps folder and the corsixTH folder in appdata to allow game to work full screen by default etc you must have forgotten tocopy something over as you NEED everything.

Yeah I had the timing error which stopped a patient inside a building, I will report this with the CorsixTH development team unless its not fixed in the latest SVN build??

You should just have to place the whole lot into the /Pandora/apps folder (or if you like put the PND in the Apps folder and the corsixTH folder in appdata to allow game to work full screen by default etc you must have forgotten tocopy something over as you NEED everything.

Thanks for the info, didn't have all the correct files in the appdata directory, so just needed to sort that out (and re-edit my config file),and everything's working properly! :)

Thanks for the info, didn't have all the correct files in the appdata directory, so just needed to sort that out (and re-edit my config file),and everything's working properly! :)
Have my theme hosptial files in same folder as roms didnt even think to put in appdata, but if you go options you can set the screen size by typing in 800x480 and then selecting full screen that damm doctor caused me to fail the level :( ohh well

Back