Could I See A Demonstration Of Mplayer With Tv Out?

transmition

Still Fresh
I would like to see a demonstration of the Pandora Playing a movie while hooked up to a TV with the TV out cables. The reason I ask is because I want to see if video and audio are in sync, and how the pandora handles video output of widescreen movies on a 4:3 television.

I recall that there was a delay between the pandora screen and the TV screen when emulators were demonstrated.

Also, it was determined in the above linked video's by Gruso, that it was the LCD TV's own processing that caused the delay and that if it were on a "game mode" or on a CRT TV that it would have been synced normally.

Poem58 said:
Also, it was determined in the above linked video's by Gruso, that it was the LCD TV's own processing that caused the delay and that if it were on a "game mode" or on a CRT TV that it would have been synced normally.
It was determined by logic, not because any real test was done. Really, it can't be anything else, but in the event it was the cable or the OMAP, probably better to keep saying "most likely the LCD TV". I'm still reliving shame over the whole 900 mhz thing :(

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Poem58 said:
It was determined by logic, not because any real test was done. Really, it can't be anything else, but in the event it was the cable or the OMAP, probably better to keep saying "most likely the LCD TV". I'm still reliving shame over the whole 900 mhz thing :(

You have a point. Maybe it should be requested then that a CRT be used or the "game Mode" of an LCD? I mean even if it's out of sync then, what do we do? It shouldn't be I agree, but I cannot think of any logical reason it would have been that off just because of a cable, only if the Pandora itself was having issues pumping the video out in time but that shouldn't be possible either should it? Leaving only LCD processing to blame, so we can at least say it's only an educated guess...

MPlayer will let you set an A/V delay - with either the keyboard or command line options.

It has SO many command line options, so can set it however it needs to be.

Also LCD's with latencies high enough to actually notice are JUNK!

Have you ever manually delayed sound to make it sync with video? It is a major P.I.T.A, especially if you are slightly off and halfway through the movie you have to resync everything again.

CRT video out please.

Transmition said:
Have you ever manually delayed sound to make it sync with video? It is a major P.I.T.A, especially if you are slightly off and halfway through the movie you have to resync everything again.

CRT video out please.
Someone was talking about porting xbmc. It has a very intuitive interface for managing audio/video sync, even during playback. It's similar with any decent mplayer GUI. I suggest smplayer. If I recall correctly, +/- during playback in mplayer will adjust audio sync.

Transmition said:

CRT video out please.
I did some video editing for a friends wedding. We had two cameras going at various times. There were a few points where I thought a PiP view would be awesome. Yes, I know how much of a pain it can be trying to sync up audio and video :p

Back